Canadian Tire is a Canadian retail company which sells a wide range of automotive, hardware, sports and leisure, home products and toys.
Canadian Tire store #263 in Moose Jaw has an opening for a General Manager.
The General Manager is responsible and accountable for building and managing a team that will consistently meet the Associate Dealer’s performance expectations in terms of sales growth, retail execution, customer experience and profitability.
The role of General Manager requires a close working relationship with the Associate Dealer and the Management Team.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Encourages and maintains a culture that values an excellent customer experience to all customers through effective training, supervision, coaching and performance management.
- Recruits, develops, motivates, recognizes and holds the Management Team accountable to meet established objectives and targets for sales and profitability in their respective departments
- Plans, organizes, delegates and follows up on work and projects in all areas of the store in order to achieve and measure team goals.
- Is accountable to achieve sales goals, productivity and customer service targets set by the Associate Dealer.
- Constantly reviews processes and procedures to ensure excellent retail execution, customer experience, sales and profitability.
- Coaches and encourages Department Managers on learning new management and leadership skills. Regularly provides informal and constructive feedback.
- Keeps abreast of best practices and key factors impacting retail and automotive businesses and takes action to align store initiatives.
- Communicates and ensures compliance with company, store and department policies, as well as health and safety programs and regulations.
- Maintains the utmost in professional appearance, communications and standards
- Ensures that there is a training structure and that professional development strategies are implemented within the store.
- Leadership and managerial experience within Canadian Tire.
- Knowledge and understanding of retail and financial principles.
- Knowledge of market trends and competition in the retail and automotive service industry.
- Experience retail sales, retail execution and operations in a management role.
- Good working knowledge of each department’s products and functions.
- Ability to understand and operate POS and inventory computer systems.
- Extended health care
- Dental care
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $80,000.00 /year
- management: 2 years (Preferred)