Please include your expected remuneration with your application.
Royal Distributing has been the Canadian leader in the powersports industry for over 25+ years, providing our customers with quality brand-named products to keep them riding. Whether it be a snowmobile, ATV, UTV, motorcycle, motocross, bicycles or marine and watersports, our customers always come first.
We are currently seeking a Graphic Designer to add to our team at our Guelph location! The ideal candidate would have roughly 6 months to 2 years of graphic design experience, and would be looking to both contribute and grow within a fast-paced and exciting business. In this role, you will work closely with our Graphics, Marketing and eCommerce team members, and will be responsible for producing graphics for use in Royal Distributing’s 4 retail locations, print catalogues, online, and more. This is the opportunity to work in a dynamic and challenging role within an exciting industry, where high-achieving team members can find long-term growth with the business!
Role & Responsibilities
- Aid the Graphics Department in providing in-house graphic services for catalogue production, web and print advertisements, store signage and product packaging.
- Take photographs, render and color correct images, document work, and design & research new materials.
- Mount and finish large format digital prints.
- Print and apply graphics to create various types of signage.
- Proofread and inspect signage and print for accuracy (i.e. pricing, images, colour, etc).
- Assist in maintaining shop equipment, including printers, cutters and laminators.
- Monitor and ensure quality concerns come to the attention of the appropriate team members.
- Maintain and file paperwork appropriately.
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Graphic Design, or a related field of study.
- 6 months to 2 years of demonstrated experience in web, graphics design and print.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve, stay organized and manage multiple assignments.
- Strong attention to detail skills, with the ability to maintain and ensure accuracy.
- Ability to work effectively both individually, and in a collaborative, team setting.
- Capable of working efficiently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, JS and other web design technologies (WordPress) is considered an asset.
- Interest or experience with photography, whether professional or personal, is considered an asset.
- Knowledge or experience in the powersports and/or retail industry is considered an asset.
- The successful candidate will report to our Art Director.
- Hours of work will range from 40 to 44 weekly; however, due to the nature of the position, there will be times where overtime is expected and required in order to meet tight deadlines.
We thank applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply with indication of your salary expectations. Royal Distributing is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Royal Distributing will attempt to accommodate any persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.
Job Type: Full-time
- graphic design: 1 year (Preferred)
- powersports knowledge or: 1 year (Preferred)