Candidates are invited to apply for the Clinical Director position at Richview Manor, our 137-bed Retirement Home located in Maple, Ontario.
Reporting to the General Manager (or designate), The Clinical Director will be responsible for overseeing and managing the overall nursing department by monitoring the quality of resident care and nursing services, providing clinical leadership to the nursing staff and liaising as needed with residents, families, volunteers and visitors; in accordance and in keeping with the Standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario, Retirement Home Standards and UniversalCare Standards.
- Supervising, overseeing and directing the delivery of the day-to-day nursing care, programs and services to the 137 suite retirement home;
- Developing, implementing and monitoring processes that support the provision of quality nursing care, programs and services;
- Planning, organizing, deploying and monitoring resources to support the clinical practice of the nursing team to meet resident needs through human resources management, financial management, and operations management;
- Managing human resources for the nursing services of the Home; including hiring, performance review, coaching and development and as needed, progressive discipline of staff in collaboration with the General Manager and corporate office;
- Implementing and participating in the quality assurance program for the Retirement Home; with special attention to resident outcomes and quality of documentation;
- Evaluating the quality of care provided by the nursing staff, in conjunction with the interprofessional team members at all levels, with particular attention to resident outcomes;
- Setting departmental goals and objectives in collaboration with management team;
- Evaluation of admission applications for compliance with admission criteria, matching resident placements with availability of resources;
- Leading risk management initiatives for the nursing services of the Retirement Home, and providing written feedback to the Administrator regarding incidents, complaints, risk issues and quality indicator trends;
- Liaison with other clinical services, support services and external agencies;
- Maintaining all required records and statistical reports in accordance with policies, procedures and relevant legislative requirements.
- Current Certificate of Competence as a Register Practical Nurse with the College of Nurses College of Ontario;
- Previous work experience in nursing management in a health care setting (retirement home experience is preferred);
- Experience in implementing and administering quality assurance programs in a health care setting;
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills. Excellent communication and technical skills; knowledge of effective team functioning, coaching and quality management principles;
- Strong management skills with demonstrated leadership ability;
- Excellent organizational, observational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong documentation skills and good understanding of the electronic documentation requirements and processes for nursing services;
- Responsible for administration of medications and treatments as ordered by resident's physician.
- Willingness to update and keep current their knowledge of changing regulations,
- practices and procedures as required by the College of Nurses.
- Able to work independently and monitor own performance objectively;
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
AODA STATEMENT - Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under UniversalCare Employment Accommodation policy.
- CLOSING DATE Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence no later than January 30 2020
Job Types: Full-time, Contract