Avenge is the Peace Region’s leader in top quality fluid management, servicing customers throughout Western Canada. At Avenge, the safety of our employees is a top priority, followed by delivering the best service, with the best equipment, and with the best people.
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Financial Officer will provide leadership, direction and assessment for designated administrative and financial services. This candidate will be responsible for establishing and maintaining reliable systems and controls to ensure continued company-wide growth and value creation for the company. Additionally, they will have day-to-day responsibility for managing, planning, implementing, and controlling all aspects of the general ledger.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in accounting, and some experience with energy and oilfield business service.
- Take control of all financial reporting, budgets, forecasts and annual audits.
- Develop, monitor and control key performance indicators and implement necessary action plans to improve financial performance and achieve targets.
- Support strategic decisions by means of sound business analysis.
- Drives and executes organizational and performance improvements.
- Ensures that all systems, internal controls and procedures are appropriate and in place
- Review all balances and ensure that adequate reconciliations are available.
- Verify compliance with accounting standards and regulations.
- Provide financial advice on issues of major significance that may impact current and future business and the Company’s profitability and reputation.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required:
- Degree in Finance / Accounting / Commerce
- CPA Designation
- Detail oriented, analytical organized and strong work ethic
- Strong Financial reporting experience – best practices
- Self -motivated, results driven, able to multi-0task and work well under pressure
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential as well as a strong desire to learn and ability to work well within a team
- High level of proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and financial modeling required
Job Type: Full-time