Do you love working on diesel equipment (construction, landscape and snow equipment)? Enjoy a team environment? Love to keep busy? Looking to work in a large, open and modern work shop? If so, we’re looking for an experienced Diesel Equipment Technician to join our Service department at our location at 1919 Wilson Avenue Toronto.
Here’s your opportunity to join a Canadian, family-owned and operated business that has been in business for over 35 years. We are very passionate about customer service and care for everyone on our Team. We are committed to seeing you succeed and will provide you with all the training and support needed to make you successful in this position. If you are a mechanical professional, hardworking, have a positive attitude, like to have fun at work and passionate about customer service and we would love to talk to you about working for us.
You can learn more about us at www.kooybros.com.
You will primarily be responsible for inspecting, testing, maintaining and repairing a wide variety of diesel and gas equipment. You will also be required to complete reports on finished work and perform duties in a safe and healthy manner at all times.
This position requires the ability to work some Saturdays and overtime.
Responsibilities - What you’ll be doing
- Test, inspect, repair, adjust and maintain engines, including gas and diesel engines – basic to complex work orders for lawn tractors to heavy construction equipment. You will determine if there are any malfunctions, missing or broken parts
- Perform routine maintenance such as testing and repairing of equipment for proper performance, clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work, service attachments and working tools, verify and repair emission control systems as needed
- Calibrate components and instruments according to manufacturers’ specifications
- Repair or replace defective parts such as hydraulic cylinders, water pumps, gears, pistons, and hydraulic hoses, using hand tools
- Reassemble components after repair or maintenance work is complete.
- Build and test new equipment (New PDIs)
- Record repairs made, time-spent and parts used
- Attend company training sessions as requested
- Complete all maintenance and repair activities in a safe and healthy manner according to Company policies and procedures
- Willing to work on all sizes and variety of equipment, as required to meet customers needs
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications - What you need to bring
- Possess at a minimum a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Diploma or completion of an apprenticeship program in Diesel, Motive Power Technician, Small Engine Repair or a related field is preferred
- 2-5 years’ previous related experience in a similar role
- Preference given to experience with construction and landscape equipment - Kubota experience great but not required
- Deep understanding of the operation, maintenance and repair of diesel engines
- Proven ability to learn new technology and repair and service procedures and specifications
- Proficiency with electronic diagnostic software and equipment
- Willingness to work on other machines as necessary including snow equipment
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Mechanical aptitude and safety conscious
- Passion to deliver customer service excellence
- A professional and friendly attitude and appearance
- Possess a valid driver’s license
What we offer:
- Competitive wage, great shifts
- Clean, spacious professional shop
- On the job training
- Variety in work and steady work
- Health Benefits
- Friday Lunches - just one of our ways of saying thank you to our team!
- Employee discounts on merchandise and equipment
- Use of some equipment when needed
- Central location - close to the Highway 400/401
- Being an integral part of a family run, Canadian company with a great team environment
Other characteristics of success in this role include being:
- Being a Doer - You get stuff done
- Being a Self Starter - You see the work and make things happen. Don’t wait for constant instruction before completing a task
- Customer Service Excellence - You love helping people and get a thrill by putting that extra effort into making the customer experience amazing.
- Being Passionate - You are enthusiastically passionate about life, your work and seeing results from your work
- Being a Team Player - You must be willing to engage the Kooy Brothers team and work closely with colleagues.
- Being Responsible - You work and get the job done with minimal supervision and take ownership of your work. You value the business reputation by being professional and respectful at all times, both online and in person with clients and colleagues.
- Being Bold - You’re not afraid to offer your ideas even if you know others won’t agree and you’re comfortable being in a busy group setting.
Thank you to all applicants, we are thrilled you’re interested in joining our team. We will be contacting only those selected for an interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- construction/landscape/snow equipment: 2 years (Preferred)
- diesel mechanic: 2 years (Preferred)