Laker Energy Products Ltd. is a leading supplier of precision-machined components to the domestic and international nuclear industry. We specialize in the manufacture of fuel channel and feeder components, tooling and fuelling machine spares.
As a team member, you create outstanding value for our customers, by producing quality products under tight deadlines. At Laker Energy we recognize that employees are our greatest asset and work to create an environment that provides exciting and challenging work and an opportunity to develop and grow within the organization.
Laker is currently looking for a Quality Engineer to join our team.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develop, perform, operate and improve on all in-process and final inspection processes.
- Review all Dimensional Inspection Reports and perform Final Inspections as required
- Investigate daily Non-conformances, reworks produced and coach inspectors as required to analyze production data.
- Build from the CMM and in-process inspection results, HIGH/LOW reaction plans to enable the machinists and operators to adjust the machine or tooling to reduce process variation back to nominal.
- Re-design, industrialize new methods (CMM programs) to measure the parts quicker and more efficiently.
- Raise engineering change to drive corrective actions to eliminate non-conformances.
- Drive continuous improvement with engineering and production to build inspection rationalization plan to improve throughput and standardize work instruction into the work order (MCS).
- Review receiving inspection reports, release material to the shop floor, and approve new releases or revisions of purchase orders, Inspection and test plans, and Manufacturing Control Sheets.
- Responsible to drive and manage all NCR’s (stratified by Scrap and Rework) and recommend to engineering necessary DDR’s. Release weekly KPI’s and drive the monthly Corrective Action Board to review monthly metrics for NCR’s, Scrap, Reworks stratified by type.
- Responsible to Lead and close all customer corrective actions by working with Programmers, Machinists, Engineering and Production management.
- Delivery on time the history docket completion for your respective products
- Complete other assignments as required.
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with high standing from a recognized university or college.
- Knowledge of ASME Code, ISO 9001, CSA N285.0 and Z299 quality programs is an asset.
- Experience manufacturing precision-machined components and related processes including heat treatment, plating, assembly and testing activities an asset.
- Proficiency using Solidworks or equivalent 3D modeling software
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a focus on continuous improvement;
- Strong communication and problem solving skills to work within a team-based environment.
Accommodation is available in all aspects of the recruitment process. If accommodation is required applicants should make this known in advance.
We thank all who apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted
For more information please visit our website at www.lakerenergy.com
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Engineer: 2 years (Required)