Be Boring. Make Money.™ is our investment approach, but we are anything but dull. We are a diverse team of professionals—all with a shared goal: to be the best.
We celebrate our unique and independent culture. We take pride in doing things a little differently than other investment firms. Our pursuit of excellence means that a career with Mawer is demanding, however, interesting challenges are plentiful, and innovative ideas, diverse opinions, and teamwork are expected and rewarded regardless of title or tenure.
Mawer is seeking a Portfolio Analyst to join the Enterprise Reporting & Data Analytics (ERDA) Team. The ERDA team is responsible for performing portfolio analysis, client reporting, and developing tools and technology resources to present data and analytics across the organization.
This is a contract position reporting to the Manager, Enterprise Reporting & Data Analytics and qualifies for CFA charterholder work experience requirements.
- Write detailed portfolio analysis including performance attribution and evaluation of portfolio statistics on Mawer’s investment products
- Contribute portfolio commentary content to support client communication, business development initiatives, and required regulatory reporting
- Support custom client reporting processes for Institutional Portfolio Management team
- Data analysis: continuous validation/monitoring of data elements distributed from the ERDA team
- Sourcing, extracting, validating, and organizing disparate sources of data for various investment research/portfolio management/business development driven ad-hoc analyses
- Contribute to rationalization of data and reporting by cataloging, analyzing, and documenting current reporting deliverables
Education, Skills & Qualifications
- University degree in finance, economics, or related specialization
- 3-5 years’ experience in the financial services industry is considered an asset
- Candidacy in (or completion of) the CFA Program is desirable
- Expert level proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience with FactSet, S&P Capital IQ, Bloomberg, or related software is considered an asset
- Experience with SQL, VBA and/or other programming languages considered an asset
- Ability to add value to a highly collaborative, curious, team-centric, and progression-oriented organization
- Growth mindset: proclivity to acquire and develop new skills/methods
- Directly contribute to the firm’s growth as a global investment manager.
- Learn and work alongside high-performing individuals, within a team that has consistently delivered exceptional long-term investment results and the highest levels of client satisfaction (our client retention is 99%).
- Be a part of a meritocracy in which the quality of ideas supersedes hierarchy. At Mawer, talented individuals can progress quickly, regardless of tenure or experience.
- We offer the potential for ownership over time based on the firm’s selection criteria.
- We have a unique culture, one that emphasizes integrity, clients’ interests, excellence, teamwork, and long-term thinking.
Established in 1974, Mawer Investment Management Ltd. is an independent firm that provides investment management across all major asset classes to a broad range of individual and institutional clients. We are proud of our reputation as one of Canada’s most respected investment management firms and strive to continually deliver long-term investment excellence, build strong client partnerships, and live our core values. Mawer currently has over $66 billion in assets under management and employs over 200 people across locations in Calgary, Toronto, and Singapore.
Please submit your résumé and cover letter by August 31, 2020. Only applications that include all required materials will be considered.
No telephone inquiries please.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.