This position reports to the Site Supervisor and is responsible for the operation and maintenance of landfill Gas Collection and Control Systems (GCCS). The GCCS consists of a series of extraction points known as wells, interconnected via piping. The collected gas is transported using gas conveyance equipment (such as a fan or blower) to the landfill based power generating station and combusted within stationary generator sets to produce electricity which is exported over utility power lines. Proper operation of the GCCS is required to fuel the power generating station and to comply with various environmental regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The individual must have the ability to work independently without direct supervision. An individual must be able to perform the following essential duties satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned by Supervisor.
- Properly operate and maintain GCCS in a timely and cost-effective manner to ensure regulatory compliance and optimize performance.
GCCS operation and maintenance includes:
- Calibrate, operate and maintain sensitive electronic data collection devices necessary to optimize LFG collection from the wellfield.
- Collect and manage data entry from wellfield extraction and environmental monitoring locations.
- Implement the GCCS preventative maintenance plan.
- Operate and maintain liquid management system pneumatic or electric driven pumps (troubleshoot and determine liquid levels within liquid containment structures and or LFG collection wells).
- Perform wellfield valve/vacuum adjustments, data collection and maintenance; interpret data
- Use Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) or High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) piping materials and associated equipment to perform maintenance on piping materials. * Develop basic understanding of environmental regulations related to GCCS operations and develop the ability to work within an environmentally regulated industry.
- Follow job related health and safety requirements and procedures.
- Available for on-call response to GCCS and station malfunction events.
This job has no supervisory duties
Education and Experience
- Education: Not required.
- Experience: Mechanical and/or landfill experience preferred
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- 18 years of age or greater
Key points regarding the environmental demands and work environment are listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as typing, monitoring device use, machine operation, etc.) most of the workday
- Required to work outdoors approximately 80% of each workday, work involves exposure to dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes, or similar elements.
- Required to walk over steep and rough terrain for considerable distances daily
- Required to wear personal protective equipment (safety glasses, hardhat, safety boots, safety vest, personal multi-gas monitor, etc.) in accordance with company Health and Safety standards
Each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance and Short and Long Term Disability. Our employees also receive Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Type d'emploi : Temps Plein