Who are we?
Plato's Closet® Markham is all about being fashion savvy and shopping smart. We're a nationwide unique "buy and sell" retail store specializing in clothes for teens and twenty somethings - we buy and sell the latest looks in gently used clothing and accessories from the hottest brand name designers for girls and guys. We're not your typical "thrift" store - we're so much more!
Our store is brand new – we are still in the buying phase of our inventory as we build our customer base and let all of Markham know we are here to purchase their fabulous gently used clothes and accessories. Once we have adequate inventory we will open our doors to the public to buy our amazing fashions!
What are we looking for in our employees?
We are seeking style conscious, customer service-oriented people to be a part of this fun concept!
Someone who will help promote all aspects of the business including but not limited to buying, selling, pricing, and merchandising. Provides a high level of customer service by ensuring customers are assisted in an enthusiastic, timely, and knowledgeable manner. Additional responsibilities include assisting store management in daily store operations, including the buying of used merchandise. The right candidate will be available to work days/nights and weekends.
What you'd do every day:
· Greet customers, determine their needs, and handle all transactions in a professional and enthusiastic manner.
· Become familiar with products, brands, and prices and make recommendations of products, including their features and benefits, to suit customers’ needs. Maximize sales and customer satisfaction by adding items to the close of the sale. Training will be provided.
· Invite customers to return to the store to buy, sell, or trade and promote image of the store concept.
· Price and ticket items based on pricing and buying guidelines. Restock store following merchandising plan. Maintain store displays and follow store housekeeping and maintenance standards and procedures.
· Develop proficiency in operating computerized Point of Sale (POS) and sales tracking system for all sales transactions, buys, returns, etc.
· Achieve personal and store sales goals by applying sound customer service and sales protocol.
· Developing store strategies to raise customers’ pool, expand store traffic and optimize profitability
· Meet sales goals by training, motivating, mentoring and providing feedback to store staff
· Follow our opening and closing procedures.
· Create posts for our social media outlets.
Additional responsibilities include but aren't limited to:
· scheduling 15-25 employees
· assisting store management in daily store operations
· buying, sorting & tagging of gently used merchandise
· the right candidate will be available to work days/nights and weekends
· have coaching conversations with your team members
· plan & execute sales and store events
· maintain a strong, clean, friendly work environment
· interview, hire and train new employees
· ensuring proper COVID-19 protocols are being followed
· Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, up to 8 hours a day.
· Lifting up to 40 lbs. without assistance. May involve heavier lifting with assistance of team member.
· Bending, rotating, and reaching customary to a retail environment; including receiving, pricing, and stocking/back stocking merchandise.
· Exposure to typical retail environment conditions and noise levels.
· Able to operate a computerized sales terminal.
FB: Plato's Closet Markham
If you're interested in the position please email us your resume! Our opening is immediate as we re-launch our store!
Job Type: Full-time
Reference ID: MK_Manager_05_2020
Application deadline: 2020-06-09
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,606.00 to $55,910.00 /year
- sales: 4 years (Preferred)
- leadership: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)