Job title :
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST | URGENT & PRIMARY CARE CENTRE
CRANBROOK URG PRIM CARE
PERMANENT PART TIME (0.90 FTE)
As the Occupational Therapist, you work with members of the care team at the new Cranbrook Urgent and Primary Care Centre (UPCC). This state-of-the-art-centre will provide longitudinal, urgent, and episodic care to the community of Cranbrook. This is an excellent opportunity for an Occupational Therapist to work as part of an interprofessional team.
The UPCC team will consist of family practitioners (FPs), nurse practitioners (NPs), registered nurse team lead, primary care registered nurses (RNs), social workers (SWs), mental wellness clinician (MWC), physiotherapists (PT), occupational therapist (OT), medical office assistants (MOAs), aboriginal health coordinator (AHC) and a dedicated operational manager.
The team will focus upon a general population with services that span the care continuum. The service comprises:
- Longitudinal full service primary care for patients attached to the UPCC. These services will be provided during regular business hours 09.00-16.00, 5 days a week.
- Urgent and Episodic Primary Care. Urgent and episodic care will be provided from 09.00-19.00 on weekdays and 10.00-19.00 on weekends and public holidays.
- A hub for Team Based Care (TBC) resources for the community. The hub will operate from 09.00-16.00, 5 days a week.
We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package including dental and prescription coverage, group life, and extensive extended health plan, plus generous vacation after your first year of employment. Relocation Allowance package may be offered with position.
Be part of this great new service, as it gets underway and help build the New Urgent and Primary Care services.
- Graduation from a recognized occupational therapy program.
- Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC).
- Eligible for membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists or British Columbia Society of Occupational Therapists.
- Valid BC Driver’s license.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal and would like assistance with tips on resume and cover letter writing, the Interior Health application process, or interview readiness, send us your query via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to reach an Employment Advisor.