Looking for Full and Part time cooks. All shifts (days, evenings, midnights) and weekend availability is a must.
Denny’s has been proudly serving local customers for over 40 years, and we are continuing to grow with the right people! With over 50 restaurants across Canada, you need not look any further than your local Denny's to understand the secret of its success: employees who enjoy flexible hours, benefit programs, competitive wages, a fun-filled atmosphere, various discounts with business partners and opportunities to grow.
Primary Focus: The Cook prepares and presents food following the company menu, food specifications, and timing standards. They adhere to all federal, provincial, and local food handling regulations.
Scope: The Cook reports to the General Manager or Restaurant Manager and primarily interacts with BOH staff.
Duties and Accountabilities:
* Presents food to servers in a timely manner while maintaining a very high quality product for the customer.
* Maintains product storage in a safe and efficient manner for use (by shelf dates).
* Maintains food safety and follows food safe procedures.
* Observes and complies to high sanitation and safety standards.
* Adheres to recipes, portion sizes, and plate presentation to meet the Brand Standards. Stocks foods in fridges and freezers and cleans kitchen storage areas.
Working Conditions: This role is based in a fast-paced family dining restaurant environment. Shifts may be scheduled on weekends, evenings, and holidays.
* Must be able to lift and carry supplies and equipment up to 50 lbs
* Must be able to read tickets, recipes and product specifications, and observe wares for cleanliness
* Some cooking experience required
* Must have organizational skills and the ability to multitask
* Must maintain high performance during peak volume periods
* Must have verbal and written proficiency in the English language Must be able to observe chemical labels and assure cleanliness
* Must be able to stand and walk duration of a 4 or 8 hour shift
* Must be able to work with all Denny’s menu products
* Must be able to work with potentially hazardous chemicals
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Restaurant: 1 year (Required)