Collision Repair Technician – Heavy Trucks and Rigging
Western Star Trucks (North) Ltd. has been family owned and operated since 1987. We are a leading supplier of specialty trucks for the oilfield, mining, construction and logging industries. Western Star recognizes the importance of keeping their customer’s trucks working and operating efficiently. Our goal is to decrease downtime and minimize costs without compromising quality workmanship.
Western Star Trucks believes in hiring and retaining the best by offering a positive open work environment, Paid Industry Training, Competitive Compensation, Full Benefits including RRSP Matching.
Under the supervision of the Shop Foreman and Body Shop Manager the Journeyman Heavy Duty Auto Body Technician will be required to perform quality repairs on heavy trucks and rigging.
Qualifications and Skills
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Auto Body Technician with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the heavy truck and rigging industry
- Must have all tooling to perform required tasks
- Manage repair procedure with minimal supervision
- Must understand automotive electrical and repair OEM specs
- Must be able to work in a high pressure environment safely
- Must be able to present yourself in a positive, professional manner to colleagues and customers
- Able to communicate in clear English with the ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, government regulations and company policy/procedures
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from co-workers, managers, customers and the general public
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusion
- Please visit our web page at www.wsnorth.com to find our more about our company.
Job Type: Full-time
- collision repair: 3 years (Required)