The Heavy Equipment Operator is responsible for operating heavy equipment in a safe and effective manner. Heavy equipment may include excavators, front-end loaders, dozers, graders and other pieces of equipment.
- Physically strenuous and demanding job, including lifting, pulling and managing heavy objects.
- Work is performed outside in all weather conditions
- Willingness and ability to travel out of town to perform work as necessary.
- Must provide own steel toe boots.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Knowledge of and ability to operate a variety of pieces of heavy equipment in a safe manner
- Knowledge of road construction and maintenance techniques
- Ability to read and write to complete and maintain daily operating and safety records
- Knowledge of safety rules, instructions and policies.
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Strong verbal and listening communication skills
- Time management skills
- Must demonstrate the following personal attributes: honest and trustworthy, respectful, flexible, and have sound work ethics.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Operate heavy equipment in a safe and effective manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life.
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks.
- Clean heavy equipment as scheduled and/or required.
- Ensure heavy equipment is safely and securely stored
- Advise the Mechanics of any requirements for maintenance or repairs
- Participate in routine maintenance
- Perform general errands as assigned by the on-site Supervisor
- Perform other related duties as assigned
MUST BE WILLING TO WORK IN REMOTE LOCATION
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28.00 to $32.00 /hour
- grader: 5 years (Preferred)
- excavator: 5 years (Preferred)
- dozer: 5 years (Preferred)
- loader: 5 years (Preferred)
- G Class Driver's Licence (Preferred)