Proactive? ProACDEN. Continuous growth for the ambitious employee.
Every job at Acden is a big job and we know just how important each individual contribution is. That’s why we want you to feel valued. We provide competitive industry salaries and a comprehensive benefits plan to prove to our employees that it’s not just about our success, it’s about yours too. Pull up a chair – what do you take in your coffee?
Operations Field Supervisor
Competition #: AL-2019-006
Acden Lemax Machining and Welding Incorporated is currently accepting applications for an
Operations Field Supervisor. This position will consist of 8-hour day shifts, Monday to Friday rotation. However, hours, schedules and locations may change from time to time due to operational and training requirements.This is a local position to Fort McMurray; candidates must have their own accommodations within the region. Under the direction of the General Manager, the Operations Field Supervisor is responsible for the day to day supervision of the operations of the shop.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all employees are fit for duty.
- Coordinate the completion of orientations, safety and or other training deemed necessary post hire
- Export training reports and proactively schedule corporate training, safety training and or other training deemed necessary
- Enforce and cultivate safe work practices, guidelines and policies at all times
- Responsible for responding and addressing all urgent and non-urgent situations involving staff
- Conduct worksite observations on a regular basis and or as instructed
- Review job description with all new hires and when deemed necessary with existing employees
- Uphold and communicate conduct standards and operational expectations to direct reports
- Collaborate with other members of the team as needed
- Communicate efficiently on a daily basis with the Operations Shop Supervisor regarding but not limited to operational matters
- Assist employees in a timely fashion as required; direct employees to the necessary resources in areas of uncertainly
- Complete projects in a timely fashion, meet deadlines set forth by Acden and or the client
- Collaborate with leadership with special projects, business opportunities and or other prospects
- Initiate and deliver corrective action; related but not limited to conduct, performance, safety and attendance standards as set forth by corporate policies
- Conduct other duties as assigned by your supervisor and or designate
- Initiate the Corrective Action Plan (CAP) regarding employee behavior
- Conduct performance reviews for direct reports
- Ensure all personnel are issued and are utilizing correct Personal Protective Equipment as required.
- Cultivate and encourage Acden’s safety culture through daily interactions and observations
- Complete all administration duties related to safety reporting
- Participate, attend and lead Toolbox Talks
- Report all incidents immediately to the appropriate HSE representative, management team and other personnel as required
- Assist with all incident investigations; conduct Loss Control Reports (LCRs)
- Complete all LCR’s ensuring accuracy and submit to HSE representative
- Meets all deadlines as requested by the supervisor
- Maintaining positive relationship with the client through service requests and daily interactions
- Conducts themselves in a professional and respectful manner; uphold Acden’s reputation and values
- Proactively search for efficiencies on day to day operations and for the benefit of client contracts
- Abide by Acden’s oath of confidentiality policy
- Five (5) years of supervisory experience
- A minimum of 15 years of welder or machinist experience
- Minimum Class 5 driver’s license with a clean abstract
- CWB Supervisor Ticket
- Five (5) years Oil Sands site exposure
- Extensive knowledge of CWB and ABSA procedures
- Must maintain the ability to access all Oil Sands client sites and or other areas where Acden conducts business
- Ability to positively motivate group of employees; coach, mentor and lead employees
- Ability to analyze reporting to spot trends and proactively manage areas of concern
- Ability to analyze necessary data on the information, service requirements and policies
- Clear and precise verbal and written communication skills
- Competent with utilizing Microsoft Office Suite software and or other software as required
- High degree of accuracy and attention to details
- Position is based out of the town shop; field work may be required
- Environment can be dusty, muddy or icy at times
- Frequent communication (mainly office and cell phone) with client and employees
- Stressors may include occasional ‘incidents’ to be managed quickly and effectively, employee issues and client concerns
- Fast paced with multiple tasks that require immediate attention
- Comprehensive Drug, Alcohol and Audiometric pre-employment testing.
- CSTS and OSSA certificates or OSSA BSO certificate or CSO
- Class 5 Driver’s License with clean 5-year history driver’s abstract obtained within 30 days.
- You must submit at the time of application, a 5-year Driver’s Abstract that is not more than 30 days old. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of your application. The Driver’s Abstract must be for a 5-year period and have been obtained within the last 30 days.
- Must be able to provide credentials of trade prior to or at the interview stage.
- Must be eligible to work on all Oil Sands sites within the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo.
- Competitive Industry Wage.
- Competitive Benefits.
Interested candidates are invited to complete an online application in confidence, along with the competition number (AL-2019-006) to:
Acden Holdings LP.
Apply Online: www.acden.com/careers
We would like to thank all who apply; however, only candidates that are being considered will be contacted.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicats are encouraged to indicate in their covering letter or resume if they are from and of the following groups: Aboriginal people (including ACFN, MCFN, FMFN, and Metis), women, visible minorities, and persons with a disability.
Job Type: Full-time
- Oil Sands Site: 5 years (Preferred)
- welder or machinist: 10 years (Preferred)
- supervisory: 5 years (Preferred)
- Fort McMurray (Preferred)
- Class 5 Driver's Licence (Preferred)
- Journeyman Alberta Welder or Machinist (Preferred)
- CWB Supervisor (Preferred)
- CSTS-09 and OSSA or OSSA BSO or OSSA CSO (Preferred)
- Red Seal Welder or Machinist (Preferred)
- extensive knowledge of CWB and ABSA procedures (Preferred)