We are looking for great Class 1 Drivers! Change up your daily grind, grow your career with us and be part of a real team. This is an opportunity to be more than a number and do more than just going from point A to B. We value our drivers, because you are the core of our team! You will work closely with friendly dispatchers, supportive managers and a crew of amazing staff. We offer long-term stability, year-round steady work and you’ll be home at the end of your day!
Valley Carriers is a multi-generational, family owned trucking, and specialty transportation company with hubs based in Abbotsford, Delta, Merritt and Kelowna. We haul sawdust, wood chips, grain, soils, bark mulch, other wood residuals and more. Currently, Valley Carriers has a fleet size of sixty trucks and employs over 100 people.
Valley Carriers is built on the core values of being open & honest and fostering a positive work environment with a team mentality. Joining our team means being part of a family that is committed to innovation, collaboration and working with you to develop in your career; this is more than just a job! We take great pride in our equipment, and you will be able to as well; we have our own preventative maintenance shop and taking care of our equipment is a top priority. Drive your career forward with us, apply today!
· Be Home Daily!
· Long-term stability, year round and steady work
· Positive team environment
· Top wages and an invaluable support system to help you be successful
· Diversity in driving options; the ability to move forward in your career.
· 100% company paid Extended Health Benefits
· Company paid DPSP and voluntary RRSP contributions
· Annual boot allowance
· Costco membership
Who We Are Looking For
· Motivated and dependable person
· Strong work ethic and a sense of personal accountability and ownership
· Very organized with high attention to detail and ability to complete required paperwork consistently/accurately.
· Ability to multitask, prioritize tasks, and problem solve
· A team player with strong interpersonal skills
· Ability and willingness to be cross-trained on different types of truck/trailer equipment
Drive your career forward with us, apply today!
Overview: Local work with a tandem or tridem tractors with 53’ walking floor trailers, super b walking floor trailers or possum belly super b trailers; hauling sawdust, wood chips and other bulk products
Shifts: Flexible shift options available. Full time, part time, weekdays, weekends, dayshift, afternoon shift, graveyard shift. Overtime options available if desired.
Salary: Starting at $76,000
Home Terminal: Merritt
- Valid Class 1 License
- Minimum 2 years of class 1 driving experience preferred
- A positive and professional attitude; the desire to become part of our company culture
- Mountain highway driving experience an asset
- Super B and/or walking floor experience an asset
- Loader experience an asset
- An acceptable, clean abstract
- Valid Passport (Must be able to cross border into US) an asset
- Pre-employment drug test (to be arranged by company pre-hire)
Come work for a reputable, family owned & operated company in the trucking business for nearly 60 years. Send us a resume by replying to this ad
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $73,000.00 per year
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Commercial driving: 2 years (preferred)
- loader: 1 year (preferred)
- Class 1 Licence (required)
- Passport (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)