Total Opening Consultants (TOC) provides door and hardware consulting services to architects and building owners. We manage a project's architectural openings through design and construction to ensure doors and hardware are properly specified, sourced and delivered.
As a small, independent consulting firm, we offer employees the opportunity to make a real impact on the business.
Total Opening® Consultants is a Canadian-based independent architectural hardware consultancy. We are passionate about making positive changes in the construction industry through our expertise in door openings and hardware.
The Proposal Coordinator is an excellent communicator and administrator who can grow with the business as we implement our long-term expansion plan.
This position is ideal for an ambitious proposals or marketing professional working within the architecture and consultancy space, who has a strong attention to detail and enjoys preparing eloquent and well-thought-out proposals.
This is a full-time, remote position with no travel required. The candidate will ideally be located in Ontario, Quebec or the Atlantic provinces. The Proposal Coordinator will report to the Director of Business Development and Consulting.
- Review client RFP (Request for Proposal) information and technical architectural drawings such as floor plans, door schedules and electrical drawings.
- Prepare and draft hardware consultancy service proposals, which includes writing cover letters and other select parts of our service proposal, providing expertly compiled documents to our clients.
- Input and maintain CRM information, ensuring all elements of the database are kept up to date and accurate.
- Follow-up on consultancy proposals that have been issued and track project updates.
- Manage general enquiries through the company email, website, and main company phone line.
- Contact architects, owners and other potential clients to bid for projects.
- Generate leads and reports using our construction project research tool and CRM database.
- Work closely with other business departments, ensuring that project updates and changes are effectively responded to and communicated to the relevant staff.
- Send invoices for services rendered, ensuring that our projects are billed correctly and on-time.
- Support and participate in marketing initiatives such as website management, social media posts, and marketing e-shots.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Diploma / degree from an accredited institution in disciplines such as communication, marketing, business administration, or a related field.
- At least 2 years' work experience in communication / marketing / business administration, or related field within the architecture / engineering / building materials / construction industry.
- High preference to candidates with experience working within a building project consultancy, this includes but is not limited to: hardware, security, acoustical, architecture, interior design, electrical, structural, and engineering.
- Experience creating service proposals for design construction projects.
- Architecture / design / engineering / construction type courses or qualifications are a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Able to work to tight deadlines.
- Adaptable and able to multi-task.
Other Eligibility Requirements:
- Experience with Bluebeam Revu PDF.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience using ERP systems and CRM databases.
- Experience using online meeting tools such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom or Skype.
- Full English language proficiency.
Benefits of Working at TOC:
- Extended health and dental benefits.
- Paid vacation days.
- Paid industry education opportunities.
- Make positive changes to the architectural openings and construction industry.
- Part of a small collaborative team, which offers you recognition and reward for hard work, career development opportunities and meaningful work that contributes to the success of the business.
Please send your CV / Resume along with a 250 to 300 word covering letter which explicitly details your skills and experience specific to the job role.
Total Opening Consultants is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00-$45,000.00 per year