Independently owned and operated brand-new hospital in midtown Toronto
Join Dr. Steven Davidson and be a part of growing the hospital and team to serve a great community and clientele. Upper Village Veterinary Hospital will be dedicated to providing a high standard of medicine and exceptional client services. Team members will receive consistent mentorship and opportunities for growth.
We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic that shares our passion for pets and optimism in the clinic. Love where you work!
If you are looking for a progressive environment where employees are valued and appreciated, we would love to hear from you.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist Veterinarian with surgical and therapeutic procedures.
- Administer and monitor anesthesia and analgesia.
- Provide excellent veterinary nursing care in a professional and ethical manner.
- Administer and analyze diagnostic tests (x-ray, cytology, urinalysis, etc.).
- Document and maintain accurate veterinary medical records.
- Operate and maintain state-of-the-art veterinary medical equipment.
- Perform and assist in dental procedures.
- Maintain an appropriate inventory of all medical supplies.
- Support a collaborative work environment and assist other staff members.
- A Competitive Wage Rate
- A Comprehensive Health Benefits Package
- Continuing Education (CE) funds
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick & Personal Emergency Days
- Veterinary Discounts
- Uniform allowance
· Must be a Registered Veterinary Technician in good standing.
· Must have strong organizational and time management abilities.
· Strong oral and written communication skills with team members and clientele.
· Ability to triage and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00-$30.00 per hour
Expected hours: 40 per week
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- veterinary technician: 1 year (preferred)
Ability to Commute:
- Toronto, ON M5N 1A2 (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-10-10