Pulford Community Living Services Inc. is continuously growing and creating exciting opportunities for enthusiastic, motivated professionals in the social services field. We have been in operation since 1986 and are a not for profit charitable organization that provides individualized support services for those living with an intellectual disability. If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a progressive agency with a positive team and a collaborative approach, we would like to hear from you.
Position Summary-Human Resources Generalist
The Human Resources Generalist will undertake a variety of HR departmental and administrative duties. The candidate will facilitate and support daily HR functions including; the full cycle recruitment process, training & development, electronic and manual record keeping and support the processing of payroll when needed. The role will also involve the ability to work autonomously and efficiently, ensuring the end-to-end completion of HR projects that support the HR team and the agency’s strategic goals and objectives. Other activities may include some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, payroll and benefits, compensation, organizational development, etc.
Responsibilities-Human Resources Generalist
Talent Management and Acquisition
- lead the full-cycle recruitment process, including office orientation
- develop recruitment strategies that will retain and attract qualified and suitable candidates
- screen resumes, set up interviews, perform reference checks
- manage employee records
Training and Development
- leads or assists in the coordination of training sessions and seminars
- identifies training and development needs within the organization through job analysis and regular consultation with the Human Resource Manager
- evaluates training and helps to identify future training needs
Policy and Procedures
- ensures compliance with Human Rights Laws, Payroll, Employment Legislation and Service Canada, as well as the organization's Policies and Procedures.
- provides general advice in consultation with the HR Manager to employees and managers based on best practices and organizational policy
- assist supervisors in the performance management procedures
- maintenance of the job description and job posting database
- assist with the administration of the various human resources programs
- produce and submit reports on general HR activity
- protects agencies value and reputation by keeping information confidential
- front desk reception relief, as scheduled including vacation relief
- basic administrative duties, filing, copying and managing HR required supplies and other duties as required
Qualifications-Human Resources Generalist
- post-secondary education from an accredited school or diploma in Human Resources or related field of study that is in progress or a combination of formal education and experience will be considered
- 3-5 years’ experience in a human resources generalist, coordinator or HR administrative role is required.
- must have exceptional effective communication and organizational skills
- must have exceptional interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills
- must possess intermediate technical skills and able to quickly adapt and learn new software programs as well as intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and Excel, PPT
- should have strong problem analysis and resolution skills
- must be adaptable to change, be reliable and possess a “can do” attitude
Pulford Community Living Services Inc. offers an empowering professional environment in a culture that fosters teamwork, independence, shared responsibility for company and service success and personal growth. We offer a competitive salary, along with an extensive employee benefit plan, and a comprehensive Pension Plan. In addition, employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement, and our employee referral incentive program.
How to Apply:
Submit your resume and cover letter with your salary expectations. You can also apply directly online at www.pulford.ca.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those identified for further consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Human Resources: 3 years (Preferred)
- DCS / DEC (Preferred)