Position: Multimedia Projects Editor
Position Type: Full-time, permanent
Reports to: Editor in Chief
Location: Edmonton, AB
Division: Postmedia Editorial
Postmedia is a Canadian newsmedia company representing more than 125 brands across multiple print, online and mobile platforms. Award-winning journalists and innovative product development teams bring engaging content to millions of people every week whenever and wherever they want it.
This exceptional content, reach and scope offers advertisers and marketers compelling solutions to effectively reach target audiences. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our team.
The award-winning Edmonton Journal-Edmonton Sun newsroom has an immediate opening for a senior multimedia projects editor in its editorial department.
What you’ll do:
- The ideal candidate is a digitally savvy journalist, an enterprising self-starter and team player with a sense for larger digital and editorial stories that resonate both online and in print with the community at large.
- The candidate should be able to cultivate sources, find unique stories across diverse communities, while mentoring others to write in a way that is clear, concise and colourful.
- Responsibilities include: managing larger editorial projects with reporters, which include digital and video planning; editing stories from other writers in the newsroom; collaborating with senior editors on projects; communicating with Postmedia’s central pagination desk; and collaborating with other digital and photo editors on larger projects/features, as well as with our analytics team to establish KPIs and tracking that reflects business and audience objectives.
- The candidate should also establish reporting that accurately captures audience behaviour across multiple platforms and channels.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of newsroom experience, preferably with some background in editing and guiding staff.
- Understanding of multimedia production process and requirements, including different tiers of production tools.
- An understanding of how to develop larger editorial projects.
- Strong understanding of audience segments/audience targeting/audience profiling.
- Familiarity with analytics suites.
- Deep and current understanding of publishing industry trends, including but not limited to new platforms, monetization opportunities, what’s working and isn’t.
- The ability to work comfortably in an uncertain environment, and to make clear and firm decisions in the face of ambiguity.
- Endless energy and the sincere desire to lead.
- An understanding of the editorial values of Postmedia.
- On-camera/on-microphone skills are an asset.
Should you be interested in this opportunity please apply with a cover letter and resume in one document.
Application Deadline: January 25, 2021
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. Only candidates legally eligible to work in Canada will be considered. No phone calls or agencies please.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive barrier-free selection process and work environment. Postmedia Network Inc. encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Application deadline: 2021-01-25
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent