Baptist Housing is looking for part-time screeners / greeters to join our Team in Abbotsford at our two Hallmark seniors’ residences. During this very busy time we are looking for additional Team Members to support our screening of Team Members and supporting our Managers with other tasks as assigned.
The shifts times are from 6:00am – 10:00am and will be on set rotation of 4 days on/4 days off.
This will be a great opportunity to use your administrative and hospitality skills in a warm and friendly environment that is operating at a quick pace.
Duties will include screening Team Members at the start of their shift, interacting with our Residents while practicing social distancing and other tasks as assigned. You should enjoy serving seniors and connect with Baptist Housing values. The position reports to the Administrator.
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you have exceptional interpersonal skills and have a heart to serve others. The Hallmark Team is highly service-oriented and you should enjoy working in an atmosphere that encourages Teamwork and FUN.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
· Compassion: Showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of fellow Team Members, Residents, families, and others.
· Honesty: Exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
· Respect: Treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
· Innovation: Exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
· Stewardship: Recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
· Teamwork: Working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
· Fun: Reminding us that we must take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English; verbally and written.
· Ability to communicate and effectively in English; written and verbally.
· Enjoy working with seniors.
· Warm, friendly, with a good sense of humour.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities.
· Good organizational skills.
· Ability to work all shifts as applicable to the position.
· Experience in customer service an asset.
*Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
-If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume and details ASAP.
For further information contact, Dean Neibel, HR Manager at 604-940-1960 (ext. 115)
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Affordable Rental, and Adult Day Programs to over 2800 seniors in British Columbia. Our communities are located in Greater Vancouver, Victoria, and the Interior. Baptist Housing is affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions. We believe our Christian heritage and faith helps us compassionately meet the needs of those living in our communities.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $0.00 per year
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)