Strut Creative is a boutique communications and design agency with a passion for helping brands and organizations tell their story and build relationships with their most important audiences.
This role will involve working with clients at senior management levels, keeping an eye on the quality of our deliverables, planning, budgeting and making sure our clients' expectations are met with the highest level of service.
Who we are
- We are small and mighty.
- Creative, curious, and thirsty.
- Thinkers, doers, problem-solvers, and dreamers.
- We believe in humanity.
- Value company culture.
- Are an equal opportunity employer.
- We wear jeans on Mondays.
- Drink beer on Fridays.
- Write on the walls.
- Bring our dogs to work.
- Have a good sense of humour.
- Work hard. Play hard.
- And have a good time doing both.
Who you are
- You are creative and passionate.
- Open-minded, friendly, and egoless.
- Motivated and focused.
- Thrive in a highly-collaborative, fast-paced, team environment.
- Can work autonomously when the time calls for it.
- You establish trusted relationships with clients and internal team members.
- You are a master communicator whether written or verbal.
- Skilled at assessing clients’ communications and marketing needs.
- Can lead program execution and oversee budgets and timelines.
- Can develop new business leads.
- You develop communications and marketing strategies, plans, and budgets.
- Formalize client requests by writing project briefs and statements of work.
- Work with strategy, creative and technology teams and suppliers to establish project estimates, timelines, and milestones.
- You are a team player.
- Can write a killer proposal.
- Can lead a presentation.
- Mentor and contribute to develop junior account team members.
- Manage project timelines by keeping an up to date work-back schedule.
- Manage project costs.
- Manage client expectations and attend client meetings.
- Effectively brief the strategy, creative and technology teams on projects.
- Actively direct projects.
- You own more jeans than suits.
- Like dogs (or tolerate them).
- Enjoy a good social hour.
- You share our roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, and commitment to making clients look good.
- Bachelor degree in marketing, communications, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of work experience in an agency or client service environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and coordinate a variety of projects at the same time.
- Track record for contributing to business growth.
- Experience coordinating with strategy, creative and technology teams.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Talent for motivating team members and collaborating with clients.
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
Bonus points if
- You have familiarity or experience in one or more aspects of integrated marketing such as planning, creative, paid media, earned media, digital and social, research, corporate communications or issues and crisis management.
- You can mix a mean cocktail.
- You can bake a great cookie.
What to look forward to
- Awesome co-workers
- Competitive compensation
- Group health and dental benefits
- Health Spending Account (HSA)
- Wellness Spending Account (WSA)
- Flex days
- Cocktail Club Fridays
- Cookie Club Mondays
- A cool office with good coffee, tea, snacks, pop
- Team outings
- Summer BBQs
- Kick-ass Christmas parties
- A workplace in which your input is valued
- Opportunities for professional development
If this sounds like you, and you’d like to join our growing, award-winning team, please submit your cover letter, résumé and portfolio link in confidence using the Apply button and form below.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Please note, only those candidates chosen to continue on through the selection process will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Calgary, AB (Preferred)
- English (Required)