Press Operator (Komori UV Press or Mitsubishi Press )
Shift Available 7:00 PM to 7:00 AM
Monday to Friday or Saturday and Sunday available.
*Please read the job description and apply if you meet all the requirements.*
Founded 30 years ago, Best Deal Graphics and Printing has been a trade printer well-known for its great expertise and know-how in the printing industry. We provide efficient and high-quality print projects for any budget and any business type.
Our team commits to deliver printing products of the most quality to our clients everywhere in Ontario and Canada, while respecting the deadlines and schedules, and offering competitive prices. BD Print offers a friendly working environment that always encourages employees’ development, as well as great opportunities to accomplish themselves professionally.
We are currently looking for a Pressman to complete our Press Team. Located in Scarborough, Ontario, our trade printing facility specializes in innovative trade printing business and provides a complete printing service accessible through our website.
We are looking for candidates who have the skills featured below, and who also want to be a part of a team whose first commitment is help our clients bring their visions to reality, by offering and delivering premium printing products.
Main responsibilities :
- Operating the offset presses in accordance with equipment operating procedures.
- Communicating with Pre-press to ensure a complete understanding of the order.
- Adjusting and running the offset press.
- Monitoring the waste and spoilage during run mode, making adjustments as needed.
- Troubleshooting any press-related issues and assisting with routine operational maintenance and repairs.
- Monitoring for quality issues, and/or errors found during the printing process.
- Providing reports of completed job productions, with different materials used and waste produced.
- Coordinated with CSR for color approval and paper selections for print jobs.
- Perform the cleaning work with the press feeder.
- Maintain outstanding safety standards.
- Ensure press supplies are always available and ready to use.
- Maintaining a clean and tidy workstation based on 5S system.
Qualifications and skills :
- Must have experience in a commercial or trade printing company or equivalent manufacturing industry
- Strong mechanical skills, manufacturing experience, and the capacity to follow detailed instructions
- Must be reliable and flexible to meet all customer demands
- Communicates with others in a positive and helpful manner
- Excellent organizational skills
- Willingness to work overtime and weekends
- Ability to work in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Contribute to continuous improvement, productivity, quality, customer service, cost reduction, safety and housekeeping
- Ability to work efficiently with no supervision and the ability to work in a team environment and be a Team Player
- Printing press experience is required.
- Must have experience and knowledge of Komori UV Press or Mitsubishi Press
- Solid knowledge of 4 color process & registration.
- Must possess good judgment, sense of urgency and the ability to work in a fast-paced, team oriented manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Set up press and operate at slow speed to check samples.
- Remove and clean plates and cylinders at end of press run.
- Mount plates or cylinders and make necessary adjustments.
- Monitor regular press run for quality using computer control console.
- Fill ink fountains and control colour and viscosity.
What We Offer:
- Competitive wages based on experience.
- Casual and friendly office environment.
- Work within a stable business (essential service).
- Onsite parking & TTC accessible
- Grow and Develop: We are expanding- come grow with us, try new opportunities.
- Sustainability Support: Participate in an organization that's part of the new circular economy.
- Birthday Benefit: Take your birthday off on us, enjoy your day without losing your pay.
- Recognition and Reward: Get recognized and rewarded for your hard work.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Be part of a culture where Diversity and Inlcusion is celebrated.
To learn more about us, please visit: https://www.bdprint.com/about-us/
BD Print commits to offer equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, sexual orientation, family status, ethnic origin, colour, sex, age, marital status and/or disability. We commit into treating all persons with dignity, independence, integration and respect. Accommodations can be arranged on demand.
Alternative formats of this position are available upon request. All applications will be considered. However, only qualified candidates will be contacted for interview. Also, if the applicants qualify for other available positions, they may still be contacted.
Thank you for applying!
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- 12 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
- Printing: 2 years (preferred)
- Pressman: 2 years (preferred)
- Chinese (preferred)
- English (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person