The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the coordination of office operations, procedures and resources to facilitate Agency effectiveness and efficiency. The Administrative Assistant supports the CEO in all aspects of operations, logistics and implementation. In addition, position provides event and Fund Development support where required as well as support to Director of Services.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Prepares and generate reports, memos and documents.
- Sort and prepare incoming and outgoing mail, faxes and courier deliveries.
- Forward incoming emails and voicemails to all staff as necessary.
- Purchase, receive and store office supplies and ensure all inventories are updated on a monthly basis.
- Plan and implement office systems and procurement of equipment and supplies.
- Code and file material, project and program files according to established procedures as requested by CEO. Develop electronic and hard copy filing guideline to be followed.
- Ensure Donor Engage and all other databases are updated and maintained (audit reporting, tax receipts and record keeping).Learn how to effectively use databases to develop analytics and reports to aid and inform fund raising initiatives
- Back up electronic files using proper procedures.
- Coordinate and supervise IT maintenance of office equipment.
- Coordinate and oversees building maintenance and directs all employees to ensure health and safety standards are adhered to for the building.
- Maintains and supervise all aspects of Risk Management and Administrative Manual in consultation with CEO.
- Prepares checks and organizes all invoices for the Bookkeeper.
- Oversees supplier contract renewals and negotiations in consultation with CEO.
- Ensures financial procedures and policies are adhered to regarding deposits, reconciliations, transfers, investments, etc, and communicates with CEO.
- Ensures all payroll information, changes, updates are reported to Bookkeeper in a timely manner.
- Organizes and prepares all financial documents for annual audit.
- Coordinates supporting materials and reports for Board and committee meetings, ensuring timely distribution of materials and coordinates meeting arrangements.
- Coordinates and execute tax receipting for Agency.
- Establish standards and procedures in coordination with CEO and Director of Services
- Review supply requisitions to ensure within budget requirements.
- Liaison with other BBBS agencies to complete business analysis as required by CEO.
- Ensures CEO’s office is cleaned and maintained. Establishes team office maintenance expectations and roles and ensures implementation.
- Ensure protection and security of personnel files and records in accordance with National Standards.
- Ensure effective transfer of files and records to offsite storage as directed by CEO and Director of Services
- Provide staff and management regular updates on lieu time, sick time, vacation times and other as requested.
- Organize and schedule new employee orientation and training.
- Ensure all Agency policies are communicated, implemented and maintained.
- Implement policy changes to improve operational efficiencies in coordination with CEO and Director of Services
- Maintains regular contact with Management team to ensure National Standards and Agency policies and procedures are being adhered to.
- Collaborates and provides input to CEO to review ongoing staff resources.
- Participate and assist with any Agency committee or events.
- Attend and coordinate all Agency staff meetings and other meetings as directed by the CEO.
- Arrange CEO’s meetings by maintaining calendar and ascertain which events require CEO’s presence.
- Prepare and distribute meeting minutes as required by CEO.
- Compose correspondence/reports as required by CEO.
- Handle all phone/walk-in inquiries, arranging callbacks, or re-directing calls to appropriate individuals.
- All other duties as assigned by CEO and in her absence, the Director of Services.
Health & Safety Responsibilities
- Carries out all duties in accordance with the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act. The Act is posted on the bulletin board and outlines the rights and responsibilities of both Management and Employees.
- Reports the absence of or defect in any equipment or protective device, which may endanger yourself or another Team Member as well as reporting all hazards to your Supervisor/Manager.
- Reports to Management and seeks treatment immediately for all accidents and/or injuries, no matter how slight they may seem.
- Properly operates any equipment, machine, device or work-related item, or work in a way that will not endanger yourself or other Team Members. Works with equipment at a safe speed with the proper protective equipment being used.
- When driving for company purposes, abides by all Ministry of Transportation driving rules to provide safety to themselves, clients and others on the road.
- Not engage in any prank, contest, feat of strength, unnecessary running or rough and boisterous conduct. Do not endanger yourself by not asking for help when needed.
- Complies with all agency policies, procedures and safety guidelines as outlined in orientation and from your Manager/Supervisor.
- Post secondary education in Office Administration or equivalent.
- Thorough knowledge of National Standards, provincial and federal legislation.
- Excellent computer skills including; PowerPoint, Excel, desk top publishing and Donor Engage Database.
- Excellent problem solving and customer service skills.
- Highly motivated, dynamic, proactive and forward thinking individual with exemplary interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player who is positive, professional and experienced in working with volunteers and/or donors.
- The ability to handle multiple projects concurrently and meet tight deadlines.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrates the ability to deal effectively with a variety of people and resolve conflict when necessary.
- A high level of flexibility is required, including the ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Given the annual schedule of special events, third party events and public activities, there may be times when the work schedule is extremely hectic, however, at other times there is more of a balanced pace. The incumbent must be able to adjust to balancing their workload throughout the year.
- The use of a vehicle is required for picking up materials, supplies and prizes/revenue as required.
Please submit your resume by midnight on Monday, September 9 with your salary expectations. While we appreciate all applications, only those considered will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time