Full Stack Developer Lead
$50k – $70k
About the Position
Since 2015, Bottle Cap Media has been creating unique experiences for top-tier clients with new technology and disruptive ideas.
As part of a growing XM, Design, and Digital agency in downtown Toronto, this is a ground floor opportunity with plenty of growth potential. You will be involved in planning and defining the strategy and execution for multiple client projects including B2B and B2C user experiences for both online and real-world applications.
Problem-solving and strategic thinking is a big part of the day-to-day to remove barriers, provide intelligent solutions, and value-added service for our clients.
You will be responsible for thinking critically about a range of digital challenges and working to implement the designs.
You’ll be working with complex systems that require a robust knowledge of APIs and their applications to integrate systems as well as setting up intuitive databases for our client projects.
You are excited and passionate about delivering new user experiences and work well in a fast-paced environment.
You love new ideas and technology and want to find a viable way to bring your concepts to life and are excited about the possibilities of touch-less experiences.
You are an adaptable, problem solver that is capable of analyzing technical challenges and producing the best possible solution.
You are organized and on top of your projects at all times.
You take ownership of your attitude on a daily basis and bring your best.
- 5+ years of full-stack development
- Backend knowledge in either PHP or Python, Node.js*
- Front-end Knowledge in HTML, CSS (BEM, OOCSS, SASS or ideally
- Understanding of and experience with RESTful APIs and webhooks
- Experience with templating systems (Jinja, Twig, Liquid, Blade or similar)
- Debugging and troubleshooting techniques, replicating issues from bug reports
- Experience with relational SQL databases (PostgreSQL/MySQL) and exposure to NoSQL data stores: MongoDB, ElasticSearch as well as caching stores (Redis)
- Degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Knowledge of git (GitHub/GitLab)
- Experience with CMS systems (Webflow, Storyblok, Wordpress)
- Experience with Storyblok, VueJS and TailwindCSS
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- API documentation writing and technical documentation writing experience
- Interest in virtual and/or augmented reality
- Demonstrated ability to make system and design enhancement recommendations/decisions
- Game development (Unreal/Unity Dev)
You in a nutshell
- You love new ideas and cutting edge experiences
- You are self-motivated and a self-starter
- You practice extreme ownership
- You love hacking, exploring, and building
- You play with technology in your spare time and you love thinking about the possibilities
- You have a mindset for collaboration and teamwork
- You want to develop scalable tech products and experiences
Expected start date: 2021-09-01
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Extended health care
- Tuition reimbursement
- Work from home
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings