Who Are We?
We are a rapidly growing online/ remote accounting firm. We are paperless, tech-savvy and we think outside the box. We operate with a start-up mentality where we focus on innovation and continuous learning; adapting quickly when changes are needed.
With the use of Zoom, Slack and other online tools we collaborate to offer a truly client-driven approach.
We are looking for a team member with the right mix of skills that pairs wonderfully with our firm’s unique culture.
The role is a remote role, where you will be working from your home!
In our culture, everyone’s voice is heard and everyone’s voice matters!
We are relaxed and easygoing- no more suits required!
Competitive remuneration, awesome teammates, a truly collaborative workplace, a real opportunity to learn and grow- and so much more!
*NOTE* This is a full-time position, NOT contract work or part-time
This is a very unique role. As a hybrid of helping to onboard new clients into the firm and work with your own set of clients in bookkeeping you will need to possess a very unique set of skills. The job will require a VERY solid understanding of Xero and QBO. It will also require a knowledge of some other technical applications such as Hubdoc and Stripe etc. You will be working to help understand clients' current accounting situations and often fix up and create a brand new way of doing things for them, by improving processes and documenting them. You may need to train them, jump on calls with them, dig through a lot of data and play detective.
You will need a solid background in both accounting and bookkeeping. Most of all a will to learn and truly be a people person.
Who You Are
We are looking for an accounting unicorn, but we believe they are out there. Do you possess these attributes?
- An outgoing people person who is comfortable on Zoom calls with clients discussing their business and financial reporting
- A person who can think outside of the box to solve accounting problems and create innovative solutions for clients
- The ability to research solutions both tech and technical to clients issues to come up with the best solutions to present to the team and the client
- A solid understanding and foundation of accrual bookkeeping, debits and credits, and bank reconciliations
- The ability to provide full-cycle accounting, including, but not limited to, invoicing, payables
- Prior experience in a fast-paced accounting or bookkeeping position
- Have fantastic written, and oral communication skills as well as social and well spoken; client service is our number one priority, we need you to be comfortable fielding questions and forming relationships
- Experience with Cloud-Based Accounting Software (Such as Xero, QBO, Sage 50)
- Experience with Cloud-Based Accounting Applications (Such as Hubdoc, Receipt Bank, Stripe)
- Can work independently and as part of a team, being both a self-starter and able to take direction
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- QuickBooks: 1 year (preferred)
- bookkeeping: 1 year (preferred)
- Quickbooks Online: 2 years (required)
- Xero: 1 year (required)