Canada's Challenger Bank™
If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $31 billion in assets under management. In 2016, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 750 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Toronto | Full time
MANAGER, PLATFORMS AND DEVOPS ENGINEERING
About Equitable Bank
Equitable Bank is Canada's challenger bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. We don’t have branches or cheques or paper statements – we put our money into simple, well-valued products instead. Equitable has >900 employees and >$31 billion in assets under management. In 2016 we launched a digital arm called EQ Bank, which now has >88,000 customers. We have all the trust, stability, and respect of a Schedule I bank, the desire to make a difference, and the agility to make it happen.
About the role
The Manager, Platforms and DevOps Engineering will be accountable for the management, design and control of technology processes underpinning, and operational integrity of, all EQB platforms & environments. You will manage a small technical team with a primary focus on digital customer solutions and enterprise integration technology stack: client & server side front-end, Spring MicroService APIs, MuleSoft AnyPoint integrations, ESB based ETL and data loading.
- Lead, inspire, and motivate a team of talented DevOps Engineers
- Support change management process to manage infrastructure deployments, software releases, patching and changes to prod configurations
- Implement best practices for DevOps Engineering, develop documentation and a body of knowledge, assuring that the team produces high quality work on a tight schedule that meets requirements
- Ensure practice and developed products align to requirements for security, audit, and compliance
- Direct accountability for Source Code Management, Managing of Releases, and automation in support of Dev Operations
- Managing release linkages and dependencies to ensure integrity of releases and functionality across projects
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience in Operations, DevOps with at least 2-3 years’ in a leadership position
- Exposure to Agile Development practices
- Experience with real-time monitoring of distributed systems
- People management experience
- Technology currency
- Familiar with Infrastructure-as-Code, container-based development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with hardware, O/S and SDLC tools such as: Windows VMs, Linux VMs, Docker, Docker Containers, MuleSoft, Java, Java Spring, Springboot, API gateways, Git, GitLab, JIRA, Confluence, Atom, Maven, Jenkins, jUnit, MUnit, SOAP, JSON, Blazemeter, LoadRunner, HPE UFT, JBOSS, Tomcat, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes
- Customer facing and usability experience in a direct to consumer tech culture
What We Offer
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- A modern tech stack, DevOps pipeline, and PaaS to build awesome solutions
- Competitive salary, incentives, and employee share purchase plan
- Comprehensive benefits package including discounted gym memberships, unlimited yoga and barre
- A modern work environment in midtown Toronto, easily accessible by TTC (St. Clair Station)
- A fun, relaxed, diverse work environment
- Normal office environment with no physical demands; however, there is substantial pressure placed on the incumbent due to the project timelines, need to deal with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Required to be on call, and to work occasional weekend/holiday/evening/late night/early morning hours.
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.