Are you interested in joining a dynamic and experienced team that is committed to helping those who suffer from addiction? We are seeking a candidate with knowledge of prescription billing practices, a desire for continuous improvement and a passion for training others to support our growing business. Come join us as a part of a high performing team who are committed to changing the lives of our clients as a:
Pharmacy Billings Administrator
Head Office, Markham, ON (expectation to travel to pharmacies across the province)
About the Position
Working closely with the Director of Operations, Pharmacy and the Business Analyst, the Pharmacy Billing/Claims Auditor will develop, implement and audit prescription pricing/billing procedures and investigate claims variances to ensure compliant and consistent practices across the organization. You will combine strong technical skills with business acumen and effective communication and coaching skills to bring about change. As a natural self-starter, you bring a passion for using data to identify opportunities for growth, and enjoy engaging with multiple stakeholders to transform observations into action. You will interact regularly with front-line pharmacy staff and management, with frequent travel required (primarily within Ontario).
We offer flexible schedules, employee benefit plans for you and your family, RRSP and DPSP with employer contributions, corporate gym discount, learning & development opportunities, company events, paid vacation and sick leave.
Key duties include:
- Developing and implementing prescription billing procedures by province and/or customer group to ensure compliance and optimize processes while supporting the strategic, legislative and contractual requirements of the organization.
- Developing and implementing an internal audit program for prescription claims.
- Creating reports for business users and senior management to detail potential and actual financial impact of audit findings.
- Training and developing guidance documents and tools to support consistent prescription processing and billing practices.
As the ideal candidate, you have:
- A Pharmacy Assistant/Technician college diploma or equivalent, along with at least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of pharmacy practice, prescription pricing principles or general insurance claim submission and reimbursement process.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to take complex processes and make them easy for others to follow.
- The ability to work independently, combined with well-developed organization and time management skills
- Proficient skills in producing effective reports, spreadsheets, documents and presentations using MS Office suite.
- Experience with Kroll pharmacy software (an asset)
Interested candidates are asked to submit their resume in confidence quoting the reference #001-CATP-110.
About the organization
At the Canadian Addiction Treatment Centres (CATC) we strive to be leaders in the addiction treatment field and to be regarded as its best-managed organization. We put our patients first while providing an encouraging, compassionate, and judgement-free care environment within our addiction treatment clinics.
CATC remains an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for all applicants upon request at any stage of the selection process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Reference ID: 001-CATP-110
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual Dress
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Flexible Schedule
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- Work From Home
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- No Weekends
- pharmacy/medical office: 3 years (Preferred)
- MS Office: 3 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19