We are a design company in textiles specializing in garment engineering.
We are looking to grow our team with a customer service focussed leader who embraces the value of commitment to building relationships, accountability, and supportiveness.
As creative as we could be, our work requires strong critical thinking abilities, a details matter attitude, strong mathematical and language/communication skills and a customer service attitude.
We require an incredible administrative person with an infinity for numbers, words and an obsession for order. A self-starter who can take initiative and run with a project, make key decisions that reflect the company culture and is not afraid to ask all the right questions to ensure a job is well done. Someone with the ability to create and provide us with a structure as our day to day work can often be unpredictable. The right candidate will have a positive attitude toward stressful situations and have the ability to remain calm and collected.
Structure, organization, and resourcefulness are what we are striving to build in the company. We need someone who thinks fast and clearly when action takes off in the opposite direction. Most days are smooth; however, we do have some very demanding periods as this business is entirely reliant on project management and strict deadlines.
If dealing with tight timelines, overviewing fine details, and being self-directed does not spark joy, this position may not make you happy. We want our people to be happy, and to want to continue to be a part of what we do. This is of utmost importance.
The following skills are a must:
- Positive attitude, Organised, Integrity
- Calm and able to think clearly during demanding periods
- Comfortable to speak up and ask the right questions
- Microsoft (excel is key)
- Understanding and application of various apps
- The ability to source and review software and apps that could be helpful in being more efficient
- A natural ability to handle basic social media (Facebook and Instagram respectively)
- Scheduling appointments with customer follow-up
- Regular client communication
- Strong mathematical and English skills as proofreading will be required. Yes, proofreading for us will include lots of numbers!
- We need someone whose greatest passion besides life itself, is having everyone's ducks in a row.
The candidate must be open to doing the mundane as well, such as filing, organizing, errand runs, the usual tasks often shared in small companies when required. This role would be part-time to start. 1-2 half days on location with some work at home tasks to be completed in-between.
We are located in a home office with 2 furry assistants. They are not allowed in the workspace, however, are ready and waiting for hugs during our breaks. Someone who is comfortable around animals is key.
A candidate with their own means of transportation would be preferred as we are located at the end of the city (NW) and public transportation may be limited depending on where you are coming from.
Minimum an administration diploma with a minimum of 3-5 years of work experience is preferred.
A cover letter introducing yourself with your key point strengths (that are relevant to this position, please) is mandatory to be considered. This shows us that you are paying attention to the details as this is the number one skill we are looking for in this role. Please include a salary range that you are looking for.
Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Resumes will be accepted until May 15 only. Start Date will be at the end of May.
This posting may close earlier if a suitable candidate is found.
Job Type: Part-time
- customer service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Administrative Assistant: 2 years (Required)