If you’re passionate about being a part of a team that is, committed to the Team Member Experience and driven by innovation and growth, then join us!
The Lifestyle Consultant is a critical role within our communities as it impacts the lives of residents and ignites the warmth of human connection.
As a Lifestyle Consultant your typical day will impact in the following ways:
- Providing and assessing recreation therapy activities including outings in accordance with established policy, physician’s orders, and resident plan of care and within the scope of practice.
- Participating in initial orientation and leisure assessment of residents and assesses their interests, activity needs and desires.
- Maintaining awareness of changes in the needs of residents in order to modify programs.
- Identifying and encouraging opportunities for residents to share special skills or knowledge with others, inside and outside of the residence.
- Maintaining a positive image of the residence through ongoing communications with the community and local media (press releases to be handled through Head Office marketing).
- Coordinating the volunteer and student placement program for the residence, including recruitment, orientation, directing job assignments, recognition and evaluation of volunteers.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Recreation/Leisure Studies coupled with Gerontology courses.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in recreation planning for seniors.
- Certified Fitness Instructor through Canadian Center for Active Aging (CCAA) such as SFIC and/or FFOA Certification, CANFIT PRO or willing to certify within one year.
- Ability to maintain budget and quality standards.
- Valid driver’s license (Class F if you drive a bus).
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check. Applicable to Ontario applicants.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Criminal Records Check. Applicable to British Columbia applicants.
Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
For Ontario locations, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process.
Location: 45 Martin St, Milton, ON L9T 2R1, Canada
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Work Location: Multiple Locations