May 12, 2021
Temporary Full Time (approximately 1 year with the possibility of extension)
Monday – Friday
Hemlock Printers Ltd. is an internationally recognized leader in print communications with our
manufacturing plant in Burnaby, British Columbia and sales associates in Burnaby, Seattle and San
Francisco. For more information, please visit www.hemlock.com.
We have an opening for an IT Manager to join our Enterprise Solutions Team.
The successful candidate will manage the IT Team and all aspects of technology and systems for a
mid-sized, dynamic, growing organization. The IT Manager provides day-to-day assistance to staff
throughout the organization, participates in ongoing system and process improvements, and
serves an important strategic function in both the planning and implementation of new systems.
Their hands-on, dedicated style and information technology expertise will be employed in
managing IT for Hemlock Printers, as well as support our subsidiary and partner companies
located in Burnaby and Richmond, BC. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated results and a
progressive career history in the IT field, preferably in a manufacturing environment. They will also
have the experience necessary to build out an IT strategy for a growing company.
Goals of the Position
- Improve the efficiency of our service and the effectiveness of our teams.
- Minimize service interruptions and downtime.
- Update documentation of all network systems and hardware.
- Define and execute IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, standards, and processes
including disaster recovery, security, monitoring, and performance.
- Analyze business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the
organization to develop solutions for IT needs.
- Develop and implement best practices to optimize organizational and departmental
operations and goals based upon prior experience, education, and training in the IT field .
- Assess vendors and develop test strategies for new hardware and software.
- Monitor performance of information technology systems to determine cost and
productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems
and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues ensuring that the
network infrastructure is up and running.
- Perform regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data
protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Maintain Active Directory and Group policy, firewall configuration.
- Maintain security aspects of the IT infrastructure, including audits, vulnerability tests,
compliance data gathering, and other security related tasks as appropriate.
- Document the configuration of the system and maintain system asset database.
- Assign tasks to IT team members and follow up through completion.
- Ensure maintenance contracts are in place for critical equipment.
- Collaborate with the ERP Administrator on upgrades and integrations.
- Manage mobile and VoIP phone systems, Internet connections, camera systems, wireless
networks for all building and locations.
- Position will provide afterhours support in certain circumstances where emergency repairs
are needed, or when upgrades & repairs need to be scheduled during off hours.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration,
or a related discipline, or equivalent experience required
- 10+ years of progressive experience in network administration, or system administration
- DBA experience (SQL & MySQL preferred)
- ERP Administration (MS Dynamics NAV)
- M365 Administration
- Windows Server and Active Directory
- Router and Firewall management (Palo Alto)
- VOIP Phone System Management (3CX)
- Backup and Disaster Recovery Solutions
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations
best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and
disaster recovery protocols
- Experience within a manufacturing environment is an asset
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network related
fields are an asset
This position is located on-site in Burnaby, BC and not eligible for relocation assistance.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and
quote “IT Manager” in the email subject line. Links will not be accepted.
Open Until Filled.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be