We are a high school offering Ontario high school courses fully online. We are looking for a permanent part-time high school teacher with senior ENGLISH qualifications to support student learning and evaluate student work. Please note that the successful candidate is expected to work from our school office location in Toronto.
- assessing and evaluating student product
- use the Learning Management System to manage student grades and report to students/parents
- answer student and parent questions via email within 24 hours
- track, monitor, and engage students who are under-performing
- All learning materials, evaluations, multi-media provided, the successful candidate is not expected to develop lesson plans or modules.
- Other school related duties as assigned
Job Type / Category
Job Type: permanent part time 12 months
Remuneration: $25,000 starting salary
Hours: 4 hours Monday to Thursday (flexible any time of the day), Friday 2 hours (flexible any time of the day). Please note that the successful candidate is expected to work from our school office location in Toronto.
Location: School office at Yonge/Sheppard Toronto
Start date: February 1, 2019
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years experience teaching in a high school setting
- OCT certification is mandatory
- Knowledge of teaching best practices and Growing Success
- Communicability and interpersonal skills with fluency in the English language
- Well-organized, disciplined, and very comfortable with technology
This position is ideal for an existing day school teacher or retired teacher looking for additional income.
Founded in 2010, Ontario Virtual School is an entirely on-line fully functioning private high school. With a current enrollment of over 3000 students, OVS offers a wide variety of course offerings to students both domestically as well as internationally to fulfill the Ontario Secondary School diploma requirements.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $25,000.00 /year