+40 room hotel on the Sunshine Coast (Gibsons) is seeking an experienced Front Desk Agent.
The Front Desk Agent is focused on providing efficient service and creating memorable experiences by making emotional connections with all of our guests. In this position, you will have a direct impact on the overall experience of our hotel guests and be responsible for ensuring 100% satisfaction from the moment guests arrive at the hotel until they check out.
The successful candidate must have a friendly, smiley and welcoming attitude. You will be responsible for welcoming our guests and accurately verifying all information during the check in process and following up during check out. The candidate must be knowledgeable of all hotel information such as: hotel hours of operation, local attractions, rate structuring and guest related events such as conventions and meetings.
The successful candidate will have excellent grooming and personal presentation, a friendly personality and a "can do" attitude. A minimum of one year previous hotel experience is preferred. The candidate must possess excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- previous front desk experience an asset but willing to train the right candidate.
- able to work flexible hours.
- must possess excellent communication and guest service skills, both verbal and written.
- must have pleasant phone manner.
- must be able to fluently speak, read, write and understand English.
- able to maintain professional standards while multi-tasking.
- keen to learn about the surrounding area and share their knowledge of the city, including local events, restaurants, shopping and attractions.
- able to communicate with guests in a confident and pleasing manner in a variety of situations.
- must possess basic computer skills (excel, word, internet savvy)
- must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach different floors of the hotel on a timely basis.
- must be a team player but able to work independently.
- job requires writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- experience with hotel reservation systems is a bonus.
If you are looking for part-time front desk work and meet the requirements, feel free to apply as we are always looking for part-time help, as well.
Compensation is negotiable, based on experience.
Please submit your resume to the email address below. We appreciate all applications but only those qualified to work in Canada and that fit the requirements will be contacted.
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $17.00-$18.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)