If you are a proficient communicator in both official languages and have a strong work ethic with a focus on customer service, than this is the opportunity for you!
CONTRIBUTING TO THE CMPA
Membership Services provides information, advice and support services to members to enable the management of their CMPA membership and eligibility for medical-legal protection and other CMPA services. The Contact Centre is the entry point for all inquiries to the CMPA, member validation, case creation, and assignment. The division screens phone calls for medical-legal assistance, and transfers these calls to facilitate timely and appropriate member support. The Membership Services team handles more than 155,000 inquiries per year.
The Member Services Representative provides customer service assistance via telephone or correspondence to members and other external parties to enable superior service on first contact and with as few handoffs as possible. Reporting to the Supervisor, Membership Services, Member Services Representative provides assistance, information and advice, and processes changes based on the following types of requests: membership; medical-legal; requests for products, statistics, and studies; media inquiries; and, general requests. The Member Services Representative also performs a variety of departmental tasks as required.
The Membership Administrator provides customer service to the CMPA’s members and business partners in a knowledgeable and professional manner via phone, written correspondence and computer interactions. Reporting to the Supervisor, Membership Services, the Membership Administrator provides high quality customer service in one or more of the following areas: membership standards and procedures, multifaceted membership requests, registration, provincial reimbursement and licensure programs, third party requests, and service improvement initiatives. The Membership Administrator also performs a variety of other departmental tasks as required.
- Assesses, processes, verifies, and responds to member and external requests. This involves compiling appropriate research and trends information, working with other programs and departments to ensure requests are addressed in the proper manner. Escalates cases as required.
- Prepares written documentation and responses to specific inquiries and requests. Ensures appropriate logs, records and systems are maintained.
- Provides information, interpretation and feedback on membership information, guidelines and policies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma or certificate program (2-3 years)
- 4-6 years of customer service experience in person or in a contact centre environment
- Experience in customer service principles and best practices
- Knowledge of software and computer applications: MS Office, and various databases and/or internal software applications
- Experience working with program specific systems applications and databases
- Experience with SugarCRM is considered an asset
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bilingualism (French and English) oral and written is mandatory
- Customer service, verbal and written communication skills; spelling and grammar skills
- Organizational skills; ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to set priorities in a multi-tasked environment
- Ability to interpret and apply policy, using judgement
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations quickly and accurately
- Strong attention to detail
- Job type: One year term, full-time opportunities (2 vacancies)
- Salary range: $48,244 to $64,647 annually – classified as a level 6
- Location: Ottawa, ON – working remotely until further notice; on site presence to be determined
- Skill assessment: selected candidates will be required to complete an online skills assessment and video interview
- The CMPA has recently implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Please refer to the CMPA careers page for more details.
Reference ID: 21-088
Contract length: 12 months
Application deadline: 2021-12-10
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $48,244.00-$64,647.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Customer service: 4 years (preferred)