- Unload incoming trucks.
- Check incoming merchandise against invoices or orders to spot shortages, damaged goods, backorders, etc.
- Advise supervisor of shortages, damaged goods, backorders, etc.
- Keep the warehouse, storage, and check-in areas neat, clean, and orderly.
- Move heavy and bulky merchandise for customers and sales personnel.
- Price incoming merchandise.
- Prepare packages for mailing.
- Maintain maximum security in the warehouse and check-in areas.
- Process special orders for non-stock or out of stock items.
- Maintain an up-to-date receiving file.
- Keep price books and catalogues up to date.
- Cut pipe, glass, make keys, etc.
- Move merchandise from the receiving area and warehouse to the sales floor.
- Follow company procedures regarding required signatures, forms, receipts, etc.
- Load and unload merchandise and materials.
- Follow all safety precautions when loading and unloading freight.
- Know the correct location of all products in stock.
- Work on special projects assigned by your supervisor after determining their priority in relation to your other responsibilities.
- Follow all receiving procedures and company policies as determined by management.
- Follow proper documentation procedures for merchandise that is to be returned or refused.
- Attend meetings, training sessions, etc. as required.
- Work on additional duties and assignments as assigned by management.
- Work in a safe manner in accordance with provincial and federal safety legislation. Report any
potential hazards and unsafe behavior to management in order to have the situation corrected.
Skills and Qualifications:
- High School graduation or equivalent.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, employees, and delivery personnel.
- Ability to visually verify the contents of shipments.
- Ability to read and comprehend written and printed materials.
- Must use basic arithmetic skills to verify orders, invoices, shipping, and packing documents.
- Ability to read Home Hardware invoices, bill of lading, picklists, etc.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must safely operate loading, unloading, and transfer equipment (forklifts, pushcarts, etc.)
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to work co-operatively in a team environment.
- Bilingualism (French and English) is an asset and preferred.
The Elmwood Group has been serving the Greater Moncton community for over 45+ years with 6 retail locations offering unrivaled expert advice, product selection & support.
- 5 Home Hardware Building Centre locations: Elmwood, Dieppe, Magnetic Hill, Downey & Tediche
- 1 Home Building Centre - Grand-Digue
- Home Furniture & Lightning showroom boutique
- Elmwood Design Centre
- Elmwood Manufacturing (Interior doors & finishes)
Our vision & mission is to continuously grow by being the highest value provider to our clients by providing solutions through an outstanding customer experience.
Our values are integrity, teamwork, accountability, adaptability and empowerment.
The Elmwood Group is currently accepting application for full time warehouse & yard associate for current and future opportunities.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Weekends as needed
- warehouse: 1 year (required)
- Building Supplies: 1 year (required)
- Parlez vous Anglais et Français? (required)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person