We are offering you the opportunity to join our Child Care Team in a non profit, well established centre that has been serving the community since 1993. This position starts May 19th 2020.
Your day will include opportunities with children to:
- Create warm, welcoming environments
- Engage in rich learning experiences
- Promote independence and self help skills
- Facilitate collaborative problem solving skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver age appropriate programs.
- Supervise, guide and assist children in daily activities.
- Provide a safe, caring and positive environment.
- Record necessary information pertinent to each child.
- Maintain equipment and assist in housekeeping duties.
- Read each individual child's files in his/her program and be knowledgeable about his/her medical and developmental histories.
- Interact with infants and children to encourage their involvement in activities.
- Provide a warm, safe, and caring environment that is kept orderly, clean, and appealing.
- Plan, prepare, and implement daily activities (indoor/outdoor) as they relate to the curriculum.
- Maintaining supervision and fulfilling children’s well-being including toileting, feeding, and general self-care needs
- Oversee all infant/toddler feedings and mealtime/snack time activities, and provide related record keeping.
- Work with other staff members to form a positive, supportive team atmosphere.
- Ensure confidentiality of privileged information.
- Maintain adherence to all policies and procedures, including safety requirements.
- Create a program environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the physical, social, and emotional development of students with an emphasis on language development and emergent literacy skills.
- Maintain open, friendly, and cooperative relationship with each child's family and encourage their involvement in the program.
- Contribute to a community of life-long learning through attending professional learning opportunities
You bring the following qualifications:
- Registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- The successful candidate will possess a diploma/degree or equivalent in Early Childhood Education,
- Knowledge of the Child Care and Early Years Act
- Actively plan and participate in all programs
- Knowledge and understanding of the emergent curriculum approach
- Ability to pass a criminal background check including Vulnerable Screening
- Standard First Aid Certification (WSIB Approved) within past three years
- CPR/AED Level C Certification (WSIB Approved) within the past year
- Knowledge and understanding of compliance regulations and appropriate legislation
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of caring, collaboration, accountability, and innovation.
- High level of attention to confidentiality.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft software, including Word, Excel, etc.
- Willing to participate in ongoing learning.
You will be working in a team of 3 RECEs, with 15 toddlers ages 14 months to 2.5 years.
- Extended health care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Dental care
- RRSP Match
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance programs
- On-site parking
- Education reimbursement
Reference ID: Toddler Room
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $21.00 to $24.00 /hour
- infant/toddler : 2 years (Preferred)