multiple positions needed - 3 month renewable contract
The Thames Valley Family Health Team is one of the largest Family Health Teams (FHT) in Ontario. With more than 115 physicians across 19 sites within London/Middlesex, Oxford and Elgin counties, the Thames Valley Family Health Team is committed to providing comprehensive, collaborative primary health care to over 158,000 patients.
In response to COVID-19 Thames Valley Family Health Team, in partnership with many other community agencies, began to lead the work of the Oakridge COVID-19 assessment center (AC). The Oakridge AC has been in operation since late March 2020 and conducts COVID-19 assessment and nasopharyngeal swabbing based on ministry and public health guidelines.
The role of Clinical Assessor will work in collaboration with all team members working at the Oakridge AC to support both symptomatic and asymptomatic patients through the process of assessment and, where indicated, nasopharyngeal swabbing. The clinical assessor with work in both the Oakridge arena as well as the drive through trailer adjacent to the arena performing assessment, swabbing, screening and administrative functions as required.
- Graduate of an accredited college or university with the Respiratory Therapist designation, Registered Nurse designation or Registered Practical Nurse designation
- Registration with the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario (CRTO) or College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- Minimum of 2 years of demonstrated clinical experience
- Must wear full Personal Protective Equipment daily
- Will need to dress for the weather as this role involves working outside as well as in an arena setting
- Duties will vary from COVID-19 assessment, nasopharyngeal swabbing to administrative work
- Proven flexibility and ability to adapt to change
- Work effectively, both independently and as part of an inter-disciplinary team
- Must have access to own method of reliable transportation
- You must be available Monday to Friday and rotating shifts of either 08:30-16:30 or 9:30-17:30
This position is urgently hiring and will remain up until filled. Please submit your cover letter and resume to the email below.The successful candidates will be required to undergo a criminal background check.
While we thank all applicants, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
TVFHT is an equal opportunity employer and committed to hiring staff that reflect the full diversity of the communities where we live and work. Should you require accommodation in making an application, please contact our office. www.thamesvalleyfht.ca
Contract length: 3 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- demonstrated clinical: 2 years (Preferred)
- College of Nurses Ontario (CNO) (Required)
- College of Respiratory Therapists (CRTO) (Required)