LOCATION: Corporate HQ Coquitlam, BC (Work Location California)
We are currently looking for Journeyman Powerline Technicians to work in California on both rubber glove Distribution and Transmission maintenance work.
As a Journeyman Powerline Technician, you will under direct supervision, perform activities related to the electrical construction, maintenance, repair of energized and de-energized distribution and/or transmission power lines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Perform activities related to the construction, and maintaining electric power systems and for restoring electric service to commercial, industrial, agricultural and residential customers;
- Review job work requirements and provides input regarding work for the day;
· Recognize, assess and control potentially hazardous situations in the work environment;
· Load and unload tools, materials and supplies into and out of vehicles at crew headquarters and job site;
· Climb poles using boot hooks or aerial lift;
· Test, frame; set and/or anchor poles; strings electric power lines and install cross-arms;
· Hang and energize transformers;
· Take voltage readings;
· Troubleshoot problems and determine extent of repairs on primary and secondary overhead or underground dead legs;
· Work will include the use of hand and power tools; digging holes by hand for pole installation; climbing ladders, poles, embankments and towers; working at heights above 35’ on poles and in aerial lifts; setting grounds; working with live circuits; and working in trenches, manholes and confined spaces;
· Set and install underground structures, locate, pull, remove, splice or terminate cables;
· Operate hydraulic equipment including: drills, boom truck, digger, pole tamper, hydraulic jack and bucket truck once certified;
· Operates lift equipment such as aerial lifts and line truck booms;
· Conduct daily vehicle inspections;
· May provide back-up relief in temporary absence of foreman; direct work to other crewmembers and act as a leader;
· Attend all mandated OSHA and company training;
· Function effectively as an integral part of a work group;
· Work safely in all conditions;
· Communicate with other workers to co-ordinate the preparation and completion of work assignments;
· Possess knowledge of Industry standard safe working practices.
· Demonstrated safe work practices and commitment including knowledge of safe work and job planning procedures;
· Effective organization and planning skills;
· Self-starter with the ability to work productively and independently of close supervision;
· Excellent interpersonal, team participation and communication skills (both written and verbal in English required);
· Strong customer relations skills and willingness to learn new customer techniques;
· Able to meet physical job requirements, including climbing towers, and heavy lifting;
· Able to work and drive in all types of weather and road conditions.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR CREDENTIALS
· High School diploma, GED or equivalent work experience;
· Valid Trade Certification;
· Red Seal Certification an asset;
· Minimum two (2) years of work experience working as a Powerline Technician in the trade;
· Experienced in rubber gloving and hot stick procedures required;
· Valid Driver's License required;
· Valid Canadian passport required;
· Valid First Aid Certificate an asset.
CORPORATE COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
We care about our internal and external customers – loyalty is earned.
· Listen, and listen more, to better understand – you get excited about opportunities to help others.
· Own customers’ challenges to deliver unique solutions – you recognize that it’s our privilege to serve customers because without “them,” there is no “us.”
· Focus on what is “important” as opposed to “urgent” – you focus on the big picture rather than getting lost in the details.
· Express thanks to those who help us constantly improve – you recognize and embrace constructive criticism.
We strive for safety excellence – practice safety within the workplace, our homes, and at play.
· No compromise on safety – make safety a thought, an action, a cornerstone belief in everything you do.
· Live safely for yourself, your team, and your family – you work together to ensure safety for all.
· Learn and improve from past experiences – lessons learned fuel our future successes.
We create a great workplace by filling it with spectacular people – set expectations high, have fun, and celebrate our successes.
· Succeed through professional and personal growth – take ownership of your own success.
· Always be a Rokstad ambassador – take pride in opportunities to share your beliefs, learnings, strengths, and ideas.
· Respect the unique contribution that every employee brings to the table – be open to learning and growing from employees who move Rokstad forward and help you achieve more.
· Place importance on effectiveness rather than effort – work smarter, by being conscious of your current levels of productivity, health, and happiness.
We take pride in what we do – how we show up is important.
· Be part of the solution – you problem solve rather than complain, gossip, or cut others down.
· Know when to lead, know when to follow – check your ego at the door.
· Pursue improvement … relentlessly – you make continual changes to grow.
· Strive to achieve the best results – you have higher expectations of yourself than Rokstad has of you.
· Embrace change – you understand that markets change, competition changes, and technology changes.
We stand among the very best – doing it right makes our reputation even stronger.
· Act in Rokstad’s best interest – as though you are an owner.
· Say what you mean, mean what you say –One dishonest action can ruin a lifetime of goodwill.
· Demonstrate trust in order to gain trust – an honest day’s work for an honest day’s pay.
· Lead by example – you recognize that your actions are always being observed, and actions speak louder than words.
· Seek first to understand before seeking to be understood – you avoid drawing ill-informed conclusions or assumptions.
We respect our position in the broader community – act in accordance with our culture and values.
· Build and support the communities where we work and live – make the world cleaner, safer, and more interesting.
· Care for and respect our environment – promote environmentally sound practices throughout every aspect of our business.
· Create a culture of inclusion built on trust, respect, and dignity for all – build teams that capitalize on the diverse talents of all employees.
· Explore opportunities to grow and develop positive relationships with First Nations – create mutually beneficial partnerships.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are looking for an exciting career with a fast growing, progressive company while participating in the build out of North America’s electric power Infrastructure, please email your resume and qualifications or fax 1-888-310-8831. Please include the job title in the email subject line.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday