AGAT Laboratories is a full-service laboratory with locations across Canada. We are the most diversified laboratory in Canada and our scientists are highly-skilled and specialized in the fields of biochemistry, chemistry, microbiology, geology, engineering and other specialty services. With a broad range of staff experience and state-of-the-art instrumentation, we provide cross-analytical solutions for the Environmental, Energy, Mining, Transportation, Industrial, Agri-food and Life Sciences sectors.
This is a Seasonal position that will work out of our Mining Lab in Thunder Bay. There is a strong potential to earn a permanent position via this role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in a safe, efficient manner and follows all health and safety protocols.
- Abilities to perform the duties of sample prep and junior lab technicians
- Maintain intermediate instrumentation in optimized and calibrated condition
- Troubleshoots instrumental problems and basic maintenance of instrumentation
- Perform sample, reagent & calibration standard preparation
- Theoretical knowledge and experience with an ICP-OES and AAs instruments
- Report results for client samples
- Verify and validate data
- Keep accurate and up to date records
- Follow all SOPs and QC procedures
- Meet quality assurance and turnaround time specifications
- Other administrative/laboratory tasks as assigned
- Technical Diploma in Chemistry an asset
- Intermediate computer skills
- Good hand eye coordination and able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to work under pressure safely, with minimal supervision, while maintaining quality and able to meet deadlines
- Solid problem solving skills, good English communication skills, analytical mindset.
- Ability to lift 25+ pounds on a consistent basis and perform work in a hot environment.
- Willing to work overtime during peak season.
- Able to work evenings and weekends. Shifts run 7am - 7pm.
Candidate must have access to reliable transportation to and from work.
AGAT Laboratories would like to thank all applicants; however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
AGAT Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the hiring manager of any accommodations that are required. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.
Thank you for your interest in AGAT Laboratories.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- laboratory: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Thunder Bay, ON (Required)
- English (Required)