Centerplate is one of North America's largest providers of quality food and beverage, catering, merchandise and facility management services for many of America's best-known sports, convention and entertainment venues. As our singular goal is to be #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice, all of our managers, chefs and employees are "Hospitality Ambassadors."
We are seeking an Executive Chef I for the St. John's Convention Centre, located in St. John's Newfoundland, Canada.
An Executive Chef I (level one) is charged with maximizing the productivity of the culinary staff, as well as managing the executive sous chef and sous chefs who are directly below them in the culinary chain of command. The Executive Chef I will train and manage culinary personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities; estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food; select and develop recipes; standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality; establish presentation technique and quality standards; plan and price menus; ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance; and ensure proper safety and sanitation in kitchen. The Executive Chef I may oversee special catering events and may also offer culinary instruction and/or demonstrate culinary techniques.
· Lead the Culinary Management Team to manage all aspects of Food Preparation, Product
Handling, Equipment Utilization and Food Safety.
· Analyze Business Volume and Product Usage Daily.
· Participate in the Development and Implementation of Business Strategies.
· Contribute to goal of 100% customer satisfaction through personal commitment to customer
service and leading the culinary team by example.
· Minimum of 10 years in a culinary leadership position with increasing levels of responsibility.
· Minimum of 5 years leading a culinary operation with at least 5 revenue centers.
· Minimum of 3 years leading a culinary operation with annual revenues in excess of $10mm.
· Ability to promote and participate in a team environment.
· Ability to understand written and oral direction and to communicate same with others.
· AOS or higher Degree from a postsecondary culinary arts training program or equivalent
· BA/BS Business or Hospitality Degree from an accredited college or university.
· CMC Certified Executive Chef I or Red Seal Certified Culinary Administrator
Other requirements include but are not limited to:
Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight (pots, pans, etc.); must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours are often extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Centerplate is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, Provincial or Local law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Executive Chef: 1 year (Required)
- English (Required)