Mountain West Studios – Burnaby, BC
Reports to: Sales Manager
Responsible for all components of the photography sessions, photographing clients, booking photo sessions, managing junior photographers and relationship building within the territory, compiling daily feedback from photographer/s (when necessary) and assisting with school/customer complaints.
The Lead Photographer reports directly to the Sales Manager at 6869 Merritt Avenue, Burnaby BC, V5J 4R5. You will be required to travel extensively at the beginning and end of the school year across Alberta up to British Columbia. Must be able to work evenings and weekends depending on scheduled photography session. Due to the nature of this job, this position may be based in British Columbia or Alberta and will require the ability to telecommute.
This is a full-time permanent position working 30 hours per week with an hourly rate of $28.00. Mileage allowance and per diem is provided when travelling.
· Manage on a day to day basis the photography, delivery of the products and services of the Company for the area
· Review the requirements of the particular school’s photography assignment. Ensure you have the equipment to be used and is in excellent working condition.
· Review the style of photography to be used for the assigned school’s photography job.
· Ensure the computer you are going to be using is functioning properly and all pre photograph data is properly upload and working properly in our program.
· Will need to download all images of the photograph sessions and review to ensure image composition is correct and will meet the company’s standards.
· Promote the brand, services and products of the Company to the accounts and prospects assigned to the area
· Keep and maintain accurate and detailed records and information on each account’s photography needs, with respect to the contact and services required and provided and to ensure that this information is updated weekly in the Company's electronic database
· Handle School / Customer inquiries (photo dates, package information, school services, etc.)
· Meet and exceed performance expectations
· Encourage repeat customers
· Suggest ways to promote green practices
· Create and update task descriptions for photographers’ direct reports
· Work with other Area Manager, photographers and company departments, to share best practices and continuously improve.
· Other duties as assigned/needed to perform the job
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
· Minimum 3-5 years of school photography experience with Grade K through Post-Secondary
· Diploma/Degree specializing in Photography, College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years or equivalent experience
· At least 1-year experience with Flow Program for computerized photography and digital imaging an asset
· Experience using Lighting and Photoshop editing software
· Knowledge of Nikon cameras
· Knowledge of computer use, and the ability to learn new programs
· Advanced knowledge of PC computing; MS Office Suite (Word and Excel); Photoshop; Outlook
· Able to speak in French and Spanish is an asset but not required
· Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to multi-task and prioritize
· Customer service oriented able to establish rapport with student and school staff
· Problem solving abilities
· Resilient, flexible, and adaptable
· A pleasant and upbeat demeanour
· Able to work well with others
· Able to communicate clearly
· Ability to work under pressure
- Work from home opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Vacation & paid time off
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $28.00 /hour
- school photography : 3 years (Required)