- We are Canada's largest independent information technology services firm, and after 40 years, we're still growing! Join Canada's largest IT Company as a Senior Consultant/Senior Business Systems Analyst, in our Financial Services Sector in Toronto.
- This position is for the Senior Business Systems Analyst to work as a member of a team in a client facing role.
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Create, prepare and walkthrough the requirements document in PowerPoint format
- Track production defects and fixes from previous releases that will be available and included in the current release
- Track and manage questions raised by QAT during test execution
- Provide feedback on the QAT Test Strategy
- During QAT execution:
o Conduct an initial investigation into the defect
o Ensure defects are updated on ALM (ex. Status and comments)
o Coordinate and communicate defects
o Attend the QAT defect meetings
o During implementation, validation of screen prints before and after code implementation
- Some projects may require either the BA or the Investment Fund Company Team to action some items depending on the change.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science or Diploma in IT with equivalent IT experience Undergraduate
- 7+ years of experience working as a Business Systems Analyst in the Financial Services industry (Wealth, Asset & Investment Management, Investment Accounting, Securities trading, Portfolio Management, etc.).
- 7+ years of experience in Information Technology in all phases of the systems development lifecycle in a Waterfall and Agile methodology
- Solid understanding of wealth management concepts, workflows
- Strong understanding and experience with financial data
- Experience with a reporting application an asset
- Experience with managing releases
Location: Downtown Toronto
Reporting to: Director, Consulting Services GTA