Y&S Land Care located in Dieppe NB is currently seeking a full time Administrative Assistant/Office Supervisor to join our team. We hope to find someone that can grow from this position to the Business Manager role over time. We will provide development support.
Y&S Land Care is a family owned business with a staff that fluctuates with the seasons and can reach 12. We have been in operation since 2007 and we specialize in landscaping and snow removal. We are presently exploring interesting opportunities and want to position our business for growth.
The word "Care" is part of our legal name and part of our daily life. Our business has been built around this philosophy of caring. We quickly realized that caring builds trust, builds employee commitment and attracts loyal customers.
- We care for people: (Our employees, they represent us every day! Our customers, they contribute to our lively-hood.)
- We care for professionalism, to ensure we do our best every day to get positive outcomes.
- We care for exceptional customer service, to ensure we deliver on our promise.
As the administrative Assistant/Office Supervisor you will be our ambassador with clients, you will manage our office, represent us and help the staff when they need support, to ensure we can deliver on our promise to our customer.
1. Provide customer service:
- To cater to clients needs by answering the phone, building strong, respectful and pleasant relationships that contributes to delivering a superior level of service and establishes a high degree of trust and loyalty from customers.
2. Manage the office:
- Develop and maintain the overall office operations and resources and ensure a smooth functioning and efficient operation that delivers superior customer experience and value.
3. Manage operational data, bookkeeping/accounting and communications:
- Ensure adequate systems to capture operational performance data and ensure adequate bookkeeping and/or accounting, monitoring and reporting that provides timely information to properly manage the business.
4. Provide support to other employees and management:
- Assist the general manager in providing great customer service, coordinating operations, increasing internal capabilities and managing all aspect of office operation that support employee delivering top service and allowing us to achieve our planned business results.
Our team needs you to be:
- Caring - courteous, pleasant, kind, respectful, professional, positive and supportive
- Focused - attention to detail, organized, accurate, establish priorities, competitive and decisive
- Decision maker - problem solving and resolving issues
- Eager to learn - curious, drive for excellence and self-development
- A team builder - empower others, create a positive climate, remove obstacles for others, promote collaboration and transparency and help others celebrate success.
- Flexible - accommodating and welcomes change and shifting priorities
Qualifications and skills, you will apply:
- Bilingual - English and French
- Business savvy/experience
- Strong customer service, interpersonal skill and communication skills
- Administrative coordination abilities
- Ability to work independently and take charge when needed
- Ability to positively influence the team
- Experience in office administration including computer skills and research on the internet
- Book keeping and/or accounting training
- Full time position with variable hours
- Flexible work arrangement whenever possible, respect for family and personal needs and obligations
- Work at home is possible during inclement weather
Full time: 40 hrs/per week
Application deadline: 2020-09-01
Expected start date: 2020-09-14
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$25.00 per hour
- administrative assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Stocking supplies
- Sorting and sending mail
- Answering and routing phone calls
- Managing social media
- Greeting visitors