Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
DRIVE IS WHAT GIVES YOU THE CAREER ADVANTAGE
This position is for Scotia Dealer Advantage, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Bank of Nova Scotia. We provide dealers and customers alike with the advantages, strength and experience of Scotiabank, coupled with Scotia Dealer Advantage's industry leading Special Finance expertise and service.
Scotia Dealer Advantage is one of Canada’s largest and fastest growing Special Finance companies providing automotive financing programs nationwide. We build partnerships with authorized independent and franchise automobile dealers to help them grow their businesses and serve their special finance customers.
Hours of Operation:
Our office is open from 7:30am to 9:00pm Monday through Friday and Saturday's from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Please note that this is a Casual position. Variable work schedule including evening and Saturdays.
Purpose of Job:
The Credit Analyst is responsible for the effective and timely adjudication of customer loan applications while ensuring a high level of service to dealers is delivered. The analyst’s primary responsibilities focus on analyzing customers with sub-prime credit history, understanding and interpreting loan applications submitted by Dealers, and utilizing consumer credit bureaus to make individual consumer loan recommendations that meet Bank policies and guidelines.
This role works with a significant daily volume of loan applications from Dealers and income related information from Verification & Dealer Funding Representative. The Credit Analyst is required to obtain missing and/or confirm existing customer information provided by Dealers on loan applications with a strong focus on minimizing losses from credit fraud.
The analyst’s responsibilities also focus on accurately capturing required loan adjudication information in the Business Line’s credit decisions and core contract management systems.
The Credit Analyst is responsible for providing, human, straightforward, and knowledgeable service through daily interactions to create a relationship of mutual trust and confidence with dealers and fellow employees. The incumbent works closely with other Credit staff and Verification & Dealer Funding Representatives while maintaining strong working relationships with Dealers and Area Sales Managers.
1. Contributes to loan growth and profitability while minimizing underwriting risk to the Bank by:
- Analyzing customer loan applications from Dealers and determining customer affordability by reviewing customer credit history, employment and income according to established guidelines.
- Performing structured and analytic functions on loan applications through the Business Line’s credit decisioning system.
- Completing risk assessments and developing recommendations as to the appropriate course of action for customer loan applications.
- Conducting analysis to support pricing and/or fee recommendations for loan applications.
- Analyzing, processing and recommending loan amendments or pricing concessions requests from dealers.
2. Ensures sound and timely due diligence in loan underwriting while conforming to Bank policies and procedures by:
- Ensuring customer loan applications from Dealers are properly and accurately investigated, evaluated and documented.
- Following up on outstanding loan related information and managing the credit review process for assigned loan applications.
- Monitoring and approving/recommending loan applications.
- Referring exception credit situations to the Senior Credit Analyst or Manager, Credit as required for speedy escalation and equitable resolution through GRM ACE.
- Ensuring compliance to AML (Anti-Money Laundering), KYC (Know Your Customer), and Privacy policies.
- Reporting and escalating any unusual occurrences or fraudulent activities in the loan application process per established procedures.
- Demonstration a strong working knowledge of SDA’s adjudication system.
3. Ensures the delivery of customer service fosters overall customer and business line/department satisfaction by:
- Seeking or clarifying information from Dealers regarding loan application documentation in a professional and efficient manner.
- Supporting Dealers should they experience problems with dealer loan application software to ensure loan volume and Dealer relationships are not negatively impacted.
- Showing respect for the Dealer and listening to the Dealer’s needs particularly in situations where credit is not granted for a particular loan application.
- Adhering to regulatory and Internal Bank Guidelines as required and maintaining awareness throughout the year. Ensuring the completion of all mandatory Bank course as required via My Learning Centre.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; the ability to prioritize, allocate and monitor workload; using sound judgment to address problems and discrepancies.
- Proven interpersonal and communications skills to successfully conduct adjudication activities;
- A high degree of flexibility is required to adapt to variations in application volume.
- Strong PC skills are necessary as the incumbent uses a PC for a variety of operational, service management and related activities.
- Thorough knowledge of procedures, policies and workflows, as it relates to SDA’s credit adjudication, income verification and dealer funding requirements.
- Completion of a post-secondary education (college or university) preferred.
- Previous experience in the analysis and adjudication of consumer credit. Direct experience in sub-prime financing considered an asset.
Canada : British Columbia : Burnaby
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.