Comtech Group Inc. (Comtech) is a multidisciplinary consulting firm providing professional services in Program and Project Management, Engineering, Technology and Project Capacity Services spanning multiple industry sectors, with offices across North America. With full-lifecycle consulting services from concept through to commissioning, Comtech provides scalable solutions to deliver capital programs and projects, ranging from the management, control and delivery of multi-billion dollar urban rapid transit programs to complex capital initiatives for industrial manufacturers, public utilities and power generators.
Comtech is engaged with Public and Private sector clients within the Transportation & Infrastructure, Industrial & Manufacturing, Energy & Utilities and Buildings & Facilities sectors. Leveraging our comprehensive range of technical, engineering and project management services, we are actively building and nurturing long-term relationships with our clients, employees and the communities we support. In support of our capital programs/projects and continued growth, Comtech is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Construction Engineer.
- Assisting the Construction Site Manager (CSM) in the administrative and field duties by:
- Interpreting the Contract Documents to ensure that the work is completed as specified.
- Generally reviewing the Contract Work, material and methods to ensure that the requirements of the Contract Documents are met in a safe manner with the requisite quality.
- Reviewing, analyzing and commenting on Contractor submissions on materials, claims, delays, change orders, including schedule impacts and payments. Monitors the timeliness of the submissions to ensure that the Work is not delayed by late submissions and approvals. Prepares monthly progress reports for active construction contracts.
- Receiving, analyzing and recommending for approval Contractors’ Schedule submissions. Reviews, analyzes and compares Monthly Schedule Updates to ensure that they comply with the approved Contract Schedules, reflecting actual progress and ensuring schedule completion of the Work within the contract constraints.
- Participate in detailed schedule planning/analysis, construction claims analysis, constructability reviews, as well as the provision and administration of construction services and labour resource planning
- Ensuring schedule completion of the Work within the contract constraints
- Shall have approximately five (5) years experience in construction contract administration
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario is required
- A proven team player with the skills and ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent business and technical writing
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficient at reading drawings and schematics
- Must have a JHSC certification if elected as a worker member of the JHSC
- Must possess a Bachelor Degree in an applicable field
- Must have a solid understanding of construction management practices and principles, construction techniques and practices, including familiarity with construction and safety laws, contract administration, contract inspection and claims management
- A proven team player with the skills and ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships.
- Working knowledge in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Must be registered as a P.Eng in the Province of Ontario.
- PMP designation is considered a strong asset.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees
Comtech Group Inc. is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources @ Comtech by emailing – career@teamcomtech. com
Comtech Group offers our employees a competitive compensation package with comprehensive employee benefits, and an environment that fosters teamwork & entrepreneurial spirit. Comtech Group is an equal opportunity employer. Please submit your resume in MS Word format to Comtech Group via e-mail at career@teamcomtech. com.
Job Type: Full-time
- construction contract administration: 5 years (Preferred)
- Professional Engineer (Required)