We are looking for a an new team member to operate our booths at Farmers Markets and Craft Shows Our ideal team mate has an energetic personality, enjoys travelling across Alberta, enjoys talking with a variety of customers, and has sales experience. The primary location for this job will be located in the Calgary / Okotoks area. We do required travel to other cities as well.
The market hours are set in advance, we can not accommodate limited availability (example, only available after 3pm). Shifts will vary in length depending on market hours and travel distance required. Most shifts you will be required to work alone, carpooling with other team members is not possible, you must have your own vehicle. This position is not ideal for students or parents of young children.
Job Requirements that MUST be met:
- Must like honey and not be allergic to bees.
- Must be available for work Wednesday through Sunday EVERY week.
- Have reliable vehicle, preferably truck/SUV/van
- Able to carry 30lb+ boxes
- Able to stand on concrete for 8-10 hours
- Able to setup & take down full market display including 10x10 tent.
- Ability to travel to other cities like Lethbridge, Banff, Canmore, St. Albert, Sherwood Park, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon. All travel expenses are paid.
- We have registered and paid for a variety of farmers markets and trade shows throughout the year and are working on next years schedule already. We need a team member to operate our booth at these markets every week.
- Shifts are primarily on weekends and some evenings. Will average 30-40 hours weekly plus travel time but may vary depending on markets available that week. Some overnight stays required for markets.
- Must be comfortable engaging customers to try samples and purchase our products.
- Previous experience working farmers markets, trade shows, or sales jobs an asset.
- Must be motivated when working alone.
- Able to manage multiple customers and fulfilling samples and products at the same time while maintaining a positive attitude and friendly smile.
- When no markets are happening, we need help in the warehouse/kitchen making more products.
- Occasional opportunities to help with beekeeping.
- All you can eat honey!
- Wage will be determined based on experience.
- All travel expenses are covered by company.
- Be a part of a family run business.
- Travel around our great province.
- Meet lots of really sweet customers.
- Learn about beekeeping.
*Only qualified applicants will be contacted*
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
- Farmers Market or Trade Show: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Required)