At Carlton Heights Pharmasave we have an opening for an outgoing Experienced Pharmacy Assistant or Technician with at least one year of experience of non-sterile compounding.
We are looking for a full-time and part time compounding pharmacy technician or assistant to join our compounding team. We make capsules, creams, nasal sprays, troches, suppositories, rectal rockets and more in our unique laboratory and retail environment. Kroll experience an asset.
We serve patients from Niagara to Burlington and have been affiliated with PCCA since 1996.
The compounders duties include:
- Supporting Carlton Height Compounding Pharmacy's mission of improving the health and well-being of patients by making high-quality, personalized medications
- Compounding various dosage forms including capsules, creams, troches, suppositories, suspensions, nasal sprays, and chewable treats (preparing customized medications that are made at the pharmacy for dispensing, putting them into their final dispensing form)
- Using compounding-specific equipment accurately and efficiently, including balances, EMPs, Capsule machines, ointment mills, pH meters, etc.
- Filling prescriptions and establishing coverage with insurance plans,
- Managing inventory
- Communicating openly and respectfully with fellow staff members and pharmacist supervisors to ensure smooth and efficient pharmacy operations
- Being a dependable member of the compounding team and the overall pharmacy team as reflected by reliable attendance, punctual arrival, and a commitment to team accountability
- Compounding staff are also a source of support for prescribing Physicians and Naturopaths
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
- compounding : 1 year (Required)