Job duties include but are not limited to:
Kill floor staff slaughter livestock using stunning devices and knives; skin, clean and trim carcasses; remove viscera and other inedible parts from carcasses; split carcasses into smaller portions to facilitate handling.
Boning room staff cut carcasses or sides or quarters of carcasses into primal cuts for further cutting, processing or packaging; remove bones from meat; and cut meat into specific cuts for commercial or other wholesale use.
Trimmers remove skin, excess fat, bruises or other blemishes from carcasses or meat portions.
- Must have your own reliable means of transportation.
- You will be expected to be regular in attendance and on time for the beginning of your shift.
- You must be capable of performing physically demanding and repetitive work such as rotation, bending, stretching, and lifting a maximum of 60 lbs.
- You must have a minimum 2 years proven work history or Meat Processing Certification.
- You must be in good general health, clean and neat in appearance to work in a food plant. You must be prepared to comply with all food safety regulations.
- You must have safe work habits and be prepared to follow our safety rules. You must wear all required protective safety equipment.
You will be expected to work as a part of a team, which is dedicated to producing meat products of the highest possible standards of quality.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Meat Cutting: 2 years (Required)