Sterling Karamar Property Management is a wholly-owned Canadian company with over 30 years in the property development and management industry. Our team of smart, passionate and talented people is the key to SKPM's longevity and success.
Our culture is both diverse and inclusive, and we believe our employees' opinions count. With a history of promoting from within and providing ample opportunity for personal and professional development, what may start out as, "just a job" can lead to a dynamic and exciting long-term career.
Our mission is to exceed the expectations of our clients and employees through the values of trust, honesty, integrity and respect. We believe that understanding their needs is essential to our continued success
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for ensuring all invoices and transactions are processed, allocated to proper accounts, and accurately paid on a timely basis, for a portfolio of residential and commercial properties.
Main Responsibilities and Activities
- Process invoices by verifying account coding from Property Managers, enter invoices and/or match purchase orders in Yardi system.
- Issue cheques and/or manual cheques, match to invoices, obtain approvals and signatures from Property Accountants and signing officers, mail out cheques.
- Process utilities, realty taxes, HST, corporate taxes by verifying account coding, enter invoices, issue cheques and/or manual cheques, and ensure they are paid on a timely basis.
- Set-up utilities and taxes on pre-authorized payment plans.
- Process employee expense reports, petty cash reimbursements, and tenant refunds.
- Check supplier statements for missing invoices.
- Weekly filing of paid invoices into filing cabinets.
- Maintain applicable Excel files.
- Contact utility and/or tax companies for missing invoices and/or questions.
- Answer inquiries from suppliers, Property Managers, Property Accountants, and others.
- Ad-hoc projects where applicable.
- University degree / College diploma
- CPA designation in process preferred
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in Accounts Payable or related Accounting function
- Property Management experience an asset
- Support our company's values: trust, honest, integrity and respect
- Strong attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office, Excel skills must be intermediate to advanced.
- Excellent communication and customer service.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
We are an essential service and are continuing to hire during this time.
Please note: Sterling Karamar Property Management is actively monitoring the progression of the coronavirus, COVID-19, to ensure that we have the most accurate and latest information on the threat of the virus. As you know, this situation is developing rapidly as new cases are identified in our communities and our protocols will be adjusted as needed. We are following updates and procedures from the Governments of Ontario and Canada and the World Health Organization. Our response and plans may adjust according to the recommendations from these organizations.
Thank you for your interest in Sterling Karamar Property Management.
Please note that applications from all interested individuals are appreciated; however, we will only contact candidates that are selected for advancement.
Sterling Karamar Property Management values diversity in the workforce and is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and offer reasonable accommodation upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Accounting: 2 years (preferred)
- Accounts Payable: 2 years (preferred)