Title: Liquid Asphalt Plant Laboratory Technician
Status: Full-time Seasonal
Start date: June 2021
Location: 19770 101 Avenue, Langley, British Columbia
Reporting to: Facility Manager - Operations
McAsphalt Industries Limited, formed in 1970, is a diversified company committed to the development, production, distribution and marketing of asphaltic products, related services and technology. Recognized as the industry leader, McAsphalt offers the widest range of asphalt products from our 26 strategically located terminals, coast to coast, across Canada. The company’s success is based on our employees’ dedication to providing total customer satisfaction by supplying superior quality asphalt products combined with strong, experienced technical support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a Liquid Asphalt Plant Laboratory Technician - Langley, BC your responsibilities will include testing of various asphalt binders and emulsions. Your objective is to ensure that the products and processes meet the established quality standards efficiently. You will follow all standard operating procedures and policies established by McAsphalt. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for the testing, evaluating, and preparation of various asphalt performance graded asphalt binders and emulsions manufactured on site at the terminal
- Checks and transfers data as necessary and takes the appropriate steps to correct any inaccuracies prior to continuing the processing
- Performs laboratory testing of asphalt binders, emulsions as required to ensure schedules are me
- Assure all tests are performed in accordance with ASTM, AASHTO and Provincial Standards
- Provides regular updates to appropriate Quality Control and Quality Assurance summaries as required
- Maintain and calibrate all laboratories testing equipment to the applicable standards.
- Participate in the collection of various samples on site
- Collaborate with the terminal operator to ensure production of Emulsions and/or other products
- Responsible for on-the job safety and environment
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace
- Certified Engineering Technologist or Certified Chemical Technologist an asset and 1-2 years of work experience in laboratory or technical field is preferred
- Must have strong interpersonal skills paired with a strong work ethic and to be a team player
- Valid driver’s license along with a recent abstract and must have own transportation (Limited public transit available in Langley, BC)
You will have to work on regular scheduled hours Monday-Friday during the Evening shift from 4:00pm until 12:00am and must be available to working overtime and weekends as required
- A good sense of humor will also be an asset
Interested candidates are asked to apply immediately by responding directly to this job posting by sending a copy of your resume and cover letter for this position:
Liquid Asphalt Plant Laboratory Technician – Langley, BC - #MCA-1141
McAsphalt Industries offers competitive wages, comprehensive benefit plan and opportunities for growth and development.
Do not forget to visit our website to learn more about our company at www.mcasphalt.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Reference ID: MCA-1141
Job Type: Full-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
All candidates are required to follow our Covid-19 Health and Safety protocol: Covid-19 symptoms related questionnaire, wearing a face mask, practicing social distancing, etc.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Available to work the following shift(s): Evening from 4:00pm until 12:00am Monday-Friday?
- Laboratory experience: 1 year (preferred)
- on site QC/QA: 1 year (preferred)
- , Read and Write English (preferred)