Marina Yard Manager Summary
This position works with our current yard crew to complete the daily yard operations of Shining Waters Marine Services.
Duties and Responsibilities
Operate all SWMS Equipment to ensure the safe handling of client boats.
Supervise staff; ensuring consistent treatment and application of company policies. Must maintain excellent communication with supervisor regarding the employees
Communicate effectively with staff and supervisor
Interact and communicate effectively with client (s) on a variety of boating related topics, and be able to identify and resolve customer issues
Determine dry storage assignments to ensure efficient and safe operations while meeting customer service requirements
Ensure daily check of all equipment is completed and log books are current.
Monitor proper usage and maintenance of all marina equipment
Ensure the use of all proper safety gear and techniques are used to reduce accidents
Assist the manager with enforcement of consistent and profession attendance and punctuality; ensure all employees adhere to the time keeping system
Assist with hiring and training of new employees
Understands the Vision and Mission of Shining Waters Marine Services and how his / her position impacts department success
Looks for opportunities to improve the operational aspects of their job.
Participates in cross functional teams to complete projects in a timely manner.
Must be willing to perform additional duties as assigned by their supervisor
Must be willing to undertake new training as requested by management or to up-grade current skill set.
Key Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Behavioral Characteristics Needed
1. Strong knowledge of operations and safety techniques
2. Strong Leadership Skills
3. Proactive; not problem‐driven
4. Proficient with various hand tools (drill, grinder, skill saw, etc.)
5. Flexibility and adaptability
6. Must have basic understanding of engine and hydraulic functions.
Minimum Job requirements
1. Must have a Class II crane operators certificate or be apprenticing to complete
2. Current First Aid and WHMIS certification
3. At least 3 years of marina experience, with strong knowledge of operations and safety techniques
4. Forklift certification, with demonstrated proficiency and a minimum of 2 years of experience in marina forklift operations and maintenance.
5. Lead or supervisory experience preferred
6. Must be willing to work over time when required
7. Must be willing to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.00-$23.00 per hour
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Flexible Schedule
- RRSP Match
- Store Discount
- Vision Care
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Crane Operator: 1 year (Preferred)